The Doctor And The Saint
In her introduction to the annotated critical edition of Dr B.R. Ambedkar's Annihilation of Caste, Arundhati Roy looks at the ways in which caste plays out in modern India, and how the conflict between Ambedkar and Gandhi continues to resonate into the present day. Here she is in conversation with Suryakant Waghmore, author of Caste Against Civility, and Asst Professor, TISS, Mumbai.
- Delhi Court To Hear M J Akbar's Criminal Defamation Case Against Priya Ramani Today
- As Stubble Burning Continues, Delhi's Air Quality Turns 'Poor'
- Sabarimala Temple Row: Section 144 Imposed In Four Places Of Kerala
- M J Akbar Resigns Over #MeToo Allegations, Says Will Challenge 'False Accusations'
- 7-Year-Old Girl Returning Home From School Raped In Haryana's Rewari
- Durga Puja In Calcutta A Parable Of Life
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- BJP Is Unlikely To Flaunt Its Economic Record In 2019 Election Campaign
- Stinking Toilets In Trains: Blame It On Passengers
- Major Changes Likely In H-1B Visas Including Revision Of 'Definition Of Employment'
- Demanding VAT Cut, Delhi Petrol Pumps Call For Shut Down On October 22-23
- Hyatt Gun Row: Despite Raids In UP, Police Fail To Nab BSP Leader's Son
- 'Will Challenge False Accusations Levied Against Me': Full Text Of MJ Akbar's Resignation
- Meet Reshma Nishanth Who Wants To Become One Of The First Women To Enter Sabarimala
- Security Tightened In Surat After Bihar Migrant Labourer Named In Minor Girl's Rape, Murder
- Asian Champions Trophy: India Open Title Defence With Oman Clash
- In Pics: PM Narendra Modi Meets Asian Para Games 2018 Medallists