Tanmay Bhat & Midsummer Madness
Twenty five years ago on this day, the Jaffna Public Library in Sri Lanka was burnt to the ground during the civil war. It was one of the largest public libraries in Asia.
- Starting on a somber note, did you manage to catch prime-time debates last night? They were about a comic who made fun of Lata Mangeshkar and Sachin Tendulkar on something called Snapchat. The holy trinity of Holiness in Maharashtra namely the MNS, the Shiv Sena and the BJP are now after AIB’s Tanmay Bhat’s life and limbs.
- Speaking of limbs, the Congress party has gone out on one to back Robert Vadra. The apple of his mother’s eye, Vadra is now believed to be in cahoots with a shady arms dealer by the name of Sanjay Bhandari. IT sleuths have recovered a trail of emails where they discuss something about a benami property in London.
- If Snapchat is the scourge of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh is still dealing with good old Facebook. The state government there has booked two Mumbai youths under the National Security Act (NSA) for a Facebook post on a Hindu deity. Interesting bit: The duo now cannot get bail for the next two months.
- While we’re on bail-outs, remember the time eminent lawyer Ram Jethmalani had represented RJD supremo Lalu Yadav in the fodder-scam saga? Jethmalani has filed a nomination to become a Rajya Sabha MP courtesy the party.
- The floods in Uttarakhand in 2013 were a major disaster. A series of cloudbursts have claimed six lives in the Tehri and Uttarkashi districts and more rainfall is expected in the state. Pray.
And clearing this up, we ask you to stop staring at a screen for more than three-four hours a day. It is called computer visual system. Speaking of advances in technology and weirdness, you can now send your Gangajal by post courtesy a new initiative to be unveiled by the central government. Toodles.
- Trade, S-400 Missile Deal With Russia On Table As Mike Pompeo Meets Jaishankar
- Ahead Of July Deadline, Another 1.02 Lakh People Excluded From NRC In Assam
- PMO Cuts Down Manmohan Singh's Office Staff To Five, Ignores Pleas By Former PM
- Interview | The Slow Violence Of Climate Change Goes Unreported: Amitav Ghosh
- Stubborn Ben Stokes Insists This Is Still England’s World Cup
- Trump's America Is Once Again Locking Horns With Iran. What Should India Do?
- Do Driving And Education Have A Connection?
- Ola, Ole! How's The Patient Doing?
- Salman Khan’s Fears Misplaced, No Reviewer Can Make Or Mar A Film Destined For Greatness
- With No Malls, No App-Based Economy, Kashmir Stuck At Where It Was 2 Decades Ago
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- Amit Shah To Begin Two-Day Kashmir Visit Today, Security, Development Top Focus
- S Jaishankar Most Qualified, Alpesh Thakor Richest Among 4 Candidates For Gujarat RS Polls
- Bhim Army Chief Criticises Mayawati For Breaking Alliance With SP, 'Promoting' Nepotism
- NITI Aayog Health Index: Kerala Tops List, UP, Bihar, Odisha Worst Performers
- BJP's Nationalism Is Superficial And Xenophobic: TMC's Mahua Moitra In Lok Sabha
- Andhra Pradesh: Demolition Of Building 'Praja Vedika' Built By Former CM Chandrababu Naidu In Amaravati Underway
- Editor-Owner Of Kashmir-Based Urdu Daily Arrested In 28-Year-Old Case; Court Grants Bail
- Two Men Thrashed By Mob In Gurugram For Allegedly Smuggling Cattle, Arrested