Tanmay Bhat & Midsummer Madness
Twenty five years ago on this day, the Jaffna Public Library in Sri Lanka was burnt to the ground during the civil war. It was one of the largest public libraries in Asia.
- Starting on a somber note, did you manage to catch prime-time debates last night? They were about a comic who made fun of Lata Mangeshkar and Sachin Tendulkar on something called Snapchat. The holy trinity of Holiness in Maharashtra namely the MNS, the Shiv Sena and the BJP are now after AIB’s Tanmay Bhat’s life and limbs.
- Speaking of limbs, the Congress party has gone out on one to back Robert Vadra. The apple of his mother’s eye, Vadra is now believed to be in cahoots with a shady arms dealer by the name of Sanjay Bhandari. IT sleuths have recovered a trail of emails where they discuss something about a benami property in London.
- If Snapchat is the scourge of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh is still dealing with good old Facebook. The state government there has booked two Mumbai youths under the National Security Act (NSA) for a Facebook post on a Hindu deity. Interesting bit: The duo now cannot get bail for the next two months.
- While we’re on bail-outs, remember the time eminent lawyer Ram Jethmalani had represented RJD supremo Lalu Yadav in the fodder-scam saga? Jethmalani has filed a nomination to become a Rajya Sabha MP courtesy the party.
- The floods in Uttarakhand in 2013 were a major disaster. A series of cloudbursts have claimed six lives in the Tehri and Uttarkashi districts and more rainfall is expected in the state. Pray.
And clearing this up, we ask you to stop staring at a screen for more than three-four hours a day. It is called computer visual system. Speaking of advances in technology and weirdness, you can now send your Gangajal by post courtesy a new initiative to be unveiled by the central government. Toodles.
- The Websters: How Web Series Are Changing Dictionary of Stardom
- From Wuhan Spirit To Chennai Connect, Sino-Indian Ties Gather Momentum After Modi-Xi Meet
- Pakistan Gets 4 Months To Act Against Terror Funding, Escapes FATF 'Black List'
- Chidambaram 'Influenced, Intimitaded' Key Witness In INX Media Case: CBI To SC
- PMC Bank Scam: HDIL Promoters Wadhawans Get ED Custody Till Oct 22
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- Controversial Ex-Hindu Mahasabha Leader Kamlesh Tiwari Shot Dead
- Fourth PMC Tragedy: 83-Year-Old Heart Patient Depositor Dies
- 2 NASA Astronauts Create 'HerStory' By Becoming Part Of 1st All-Female Spacewalk
- Over 300 Indians Deported From Mexico, Land In Delhi Today
- Sarfaraz Ahmed Removed As Pakistan Captain Across All Three Formats
- PM Modi Has Destroyed India's Economy: Rahul In Haryana
- Muslim Parties Refute Reports Of Sunni Waqf Board Withdrawing Ayodhya Case
- Stolen, Not Lost: Aggrieved Depositors Endorse Harsha Bhogle's Call