Sri Lanka's Killing Fields
In April, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon published a report by a UN-appointed panel of experts, which concluded that as many as 40,000 people were killed in the final weeks of the war between the Tamil Tigers and government forces.
Now Channel 4's Jon Snow presents a forensic investigation into the final weeks of the war with "devastating new video evidence of war crimes - some of the most horrific footage Channel 4 has ever broadcast":
Captured on mobile phones, both by Tamils under attack and government soldiers as war trophies, the disturbing footage shows: the extra-judicial executions of prisoners; the aftermath of targeted shelling of civilian camps; and dead female Tamil fighters who appear to have been raped or sexually assaulted, abused and murdered.
This film provides powerful evidence that will lend new urgency to the panel's call for an international inquiry to be mounted, including harrowing interviews with eye-witnesses, new photographic stills, official Sri Lankan army video footage, and satellite imagery.
Watch at Channel 4
- Sensex Slumps 670 Points, Nifty Falls Below 10,850 As Oil Prices Shoot Up
- On His 69th Birthday, PM Modi Says Article 370 Abrogation Was Sardar Patel's Vision
- 'Betrayal,' Says Mayawati After 6 BSP MLAs Jump Ship To Join Congress In Rajasthan
- New Foreign Funding Rule: Now NGO Staff Have To Declare No Role In Religious Conversion
- Balraj Sahni’s Political Ideology Had An Impact On His Career, Says Son Parikshat
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- On His 69th Birthday, PM Modi Meets His Mother In Gandhinagar
- PM Modi Didn’t Ask For Zakir Naik’s Extradition, Claims Malaysian PM Mahathir Mohamad
- Seat-Sharing Row: BJP Unwilling To Follow 50:50 Formula With Ally Shiv Sena In Maharashtra
- 'Social Fabric Being Attacked': Cong Slams BJP Govt After Dalit Youth Burnt Alive In UP
- India Women Team Cricketer Approached To Fix Matches: Report
- Ranu Mondol Must Heed Lata Mangeshkar’s Advice If She Wants Enduring Success
- Chandrababu Naidu Demands CBI Probe Into Death Of Ex-AP Speaker Who Allegedly Committed Suicide
- World Championships: Dipa Karmakar's Tokyo Olympics Dreams Fade