Shame Tweet: What Is Getting Virat Kohli's Goat?
After getting the Indian team almost single-handedly over the line in Sunday night’s T20 World Cup win over Australia, cricketer Virat Kohli would have thought Monday morning was when he could put his feet up and rest a bit.
Alas, enter the average Indian troll who could not (yet again) resist taking a dig at Kohli’s (former) girlfriend, the actor Anushka Sharma. Sharma has had quite the weird relationship with the average Indian cricket fan with the latter almost inevitably laying the blame at her doorstep whenever Kohli even gets the minor sneezing bout.
It has actually happened on multiple occasions before:
If rumours are to be believed the cricketer-actor pair recently parted ways but all that be damned because Kohli really took a shine to trolls this afternoon. Defending Sharma, he put out the following message on Instagram.
Shame on those people who have been having a go at anushka for the longest time and connecting every negative thing to her. Shame on those people calling themselves educated. Shame on blaming and making fun of her when she has no control over what i do with my sport. If anything she has only motivated and given me more positivity. This was long time coming. Shame on these people that hide and take a dig. And i dont need any respect for this post. Have some compassion and respect her. Think of how your sister or girlfriend or wife would feel if someone trolled them and very conveniently rubbished them in public. #nocompassion#nocommonsense
Sharma’s social media accounts have not registered warnings on our radar but Kohli’s latest outburst (this time virtual) has really kicked up a storm on social media. While Kolhi clearly mentions he doesn’t need ‘respect’ for the post, a lot of us have unwittingly given him more than his fair share.
Here are a few reactions on social media:
Now experts are being called in TV studios to debate on Virat Kohli's support statement for Anushka Sharma !! Gawd.— Harneet Singh (@Harneetsin) 28 March 2016
I don't like Virat Kohli very much but his defence of Anushka Sharma is classier than even his innings from last evening.— Alisha Coelho (@AlishaCoelho) 28 March 2016
I drank too much NewsX today and now I feel like vomiting. https://t.co/TzODH8tMox— Aditi Mittal (@awryaditi) 28 March 2016
Virat Kohli: i dont need any respect for this post.— Banaa de Chambal (@kamleshksingh) 28 March 2016
- Karnataka Crisis Continues, No Trust Vote Today, Speaker Adjourns House Till Monday
- Karnataka Crisis: Congress Moves SC Against Order On Rebel MLAs
- The Man Who Killed Phoolan Devi, Borehole 'Prince', A Miracle Cop... 12 Forgotten Newsmakers
- Priyanka Gandhi Stopped On Way To Visit Sonbhadra Clash Victims, Rahul Says BJP 'Insecure'
- Outlook-ICARE India University Rankings 2019: Top 100 Universities
- In Choosing New President, Congress Has Opportunity To Change Two Crucial Things About Party Politics
- Kashmir Press Club Polls: For Dignity Of 'Unbuttoned Shirts' And Space to Exchange Ideas
- Kangana Ranaut Needs To Learn From Big B, Salman Khan On Spat With Media
- India Lacks Innovation. If You Don't Believe It, Just Look At Who Dominates Our Smartphone Market
- Cricket Intolerance Is The New Alarming Phenomenon In India
- Let Not 'Jai Shri Ram' Be Misused As 'Allahu Akbar'
- UP Government Puts Azam Khan's Name On List Of Land Mafias; Samajwadi Party Protests
- GST Officers Arrest Man For Creating 90 Fake Firms
- Three Men Lynched In Bihar Village On Suspicion Of Cattle Theft
- Google, Facebook Secretly Track As You Watch Porn: Report
- After World Bank Drops Amaravati Project, AIIB To Take A Call Next Week
- Dhoni Not No.1 Choice For India? Let Selectors Tell Him That, Says Sehwag
- PDP Leader's Personal Security Officer Shot Dead In Kashmir's Anantnag
- Tendulkar, Donald Inducted Into International Cricket Council's Hall Of Fame