Shame Tweet: What Is Getting Virat Kohli's Goat?
After getting the Indian team almost single-handedly over the line in Sunday night’s T20 World Cup win over Australia, cricketer Virat Kohli would have thought Monday morning was when he could put his feet up and rest a bit.
Alas, enter the average Indian troll who could not (yet again) resist taking a dig at Kohli’s (former) girlfriend, the actor Anushka Sharma. Sharma has had quite the weird relationship with the average Indian cricket fan with the latter almost inevitably laying the blame at her doorstep whenever Kohli even gets the minor sneezing bout.
It has actually happened on multiple occasions before:
If rumours are to be believed the cricketer-actor pair recently parted ways but all that be damned because Kohli really took a shine to trolls this afternoon. Defending Sharma, he put out the following message on Instagram.
Shame on those people who have been having a go at anushka for the longest time and connecting every negative thing to her. Shame on those people calling themselves educated. Shame on blaming and making fun of her when she has no control over what i do with my sport. If anything she has only motivated and given me more positivity. This was long time coming. Shame on these people that hide and take a dig. And i dont need any respect for this post. Have some compassion and respect her. Think of how your sister or girlfriend or wife would feel if someone trolled them and very conveniently rubbished them in public. #nocompassion#nocommonsense
Sharma’s social media accounts have not registered warnings on our radar but Kohli’s latest outburst (this time virtual) has really kicked up a storm on social media. While Kolhi clearly mentions he doesn’t need ‘respect’ for the post, a lot of us have unwittingly given him more than his fair share.
Here are a few reactions on social media:
Now experts are being called in TV studios to debate on Virat Kohli's support statement for Anushka Sharma !! Gawd.— Harneet Singh (@Harneetsin) 28 March 2016
I don't like Virat Kohli very much but his defence of Anushka Sharma is classier than even his innings from last evening.— Alisha Coelho (@AlishaCoelho) 28 March 2016
I drank too much NewsX today and now I feel like vomiting. https://t.co/TzODH8tMox— Aditi Mittal (@awryaditi) 28 March 2016
Virat Kohli: i dont need any respect for this post.— Banaa de Chambal (@kamleshksingh) 28 March 2016
- PM Modi Welcomes Chinese President Xi Jinping In Mamallapuram
- Postpaid Mobile Service Likely To Resume In Kashmir From Saturday
- A 'Clerical Error' Leading To Musical Chairs In Congress' Tripura & Other North-East Units
- Soul Of Cricket Reforms Has Become Impure: RM Lodha
- India v South Africa, Pune Test: Kohli, Bowlers Leave SA In Tatters
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- Nobel Peace Prize 2019 Awarded To Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed Ali
- Govt's Advt In J&K Newspapers Asks People To Resume Normal Life
- Kohli 1st Indian To Score 7 Double Tons
- Chinese Flags Burnt In Guwahati As Xi Jinping Arrives In India
- Use Of Religion As Commodity, A La Baba Ramdev, Is Gross Misuse
- 'Shame On Us': Aparna Sen Tweets To 'Madam CM' Over Bengal Murders
- Portrait Of A Cyanide Killer: How Kerala's Jolly Killed 6 Of A Family Meal By Meal
- Indian Premier League: Anil Kumble Named Head Coach Of Kings XI Punjab