Serena Imitation: Racist?
It's getting to be repetitive. And leaving a bad-taste.
Last year, Danish tennis star Caroline Wozniacki danced to a Rihanna song, after stuffing her clothes with towels, ostensibly to mock Serena Williams' shape and size:
Last month, Andy Roddick and Novak Djokovic had done similar, separate stunts with stuffed towels to mock the 2012 WTA Player of the Year:
If it was a joke, it is beginning to wear thin now, as Caroline Wozniacki was back again to repeat the stuffed towels routine in an exhibition match against Maria Sharapova this weekend:
The spectators included an amused Roger Federer.
While Yahoo Sports found the prank, "hilarious," and noted: "The likeness to Serena, you'll surely agree, is uncanny," not everyone thinks it is just a "jest" that should be left alone at that, others point out that making fun of the bodies of black women smacks of nothing else but racism, or at least bad taste.
Tell us what you think: harmless fun, in bad taste or racist?
- In Cutthroat Delhi, Shiela Dikshit Steered Congress With Poise And Dignity
- Sheila Dikshit, Former Delhi CM And Senior Congress Leader, Dies At 81
- Sheila Dikshit Was A Beloved Daughter Of Congress: Rahul Gandhi
- Outlook-ICARE India University Rankings: Top 100 Universities
- That's Dhoni We All Know! Ex-Captain Takes 2-Month 'Military' Break Amid Retirement Rumours
- In Choosing New President, Congress Has Opportunity To Change Two Crucial Things About Party Politics
- Kashmir Press Club Polls: For Dignity Of 'Unbuttoned Shirts' And Space to Exchange Ideas
- Kangana Ranaut Needs To Learn From Big B, Salman Khan On Spat With Media
- India Lacks Innovation. If You Don't Believe It, Just Look At Who Dominates Our Smartphone Market
- Cricket Intolerance Is The New Alarming Phenomenon In India
- Let Not 'Jai Shri Ram' Be Misused As 'Allahu Akbar'
- Didn't Know It Would Be My Last: Kejriwal Recalls Meeting Sheila Dikshit
- BJP Leader Threatens To 'Spill MP CM Kamal Nath's Blood', Gets Arrested
- Anandiben Patel Appointed UP Governor, Lalji Tandon Replaces Her In MP
- Woman Dumps Baby Girl In A Drain, Stray Dogs Save Her In Haryana
- Indonesia Open 2019: Sindhu Humbles Second Seed Yu Fei, Enters Final
- For 11 Years In A Row, Mukesh Ambani Keeps His Salary Capped At Rs 15 Crore
- MEA In Touch With Iran To Secure Release Of 18 Indians Aboard Seized British Tanker
- For The First Time, Captain And Coach Have The Power To Allow Visits From WAGs