Rituparno Ghosh (1963 - 2013)
Noted filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh died of cardiac arrest at his south Kolkata residence today.
Winner of 12 national and some international awards, Ghosh was suffering from pancreatitis and died of heart attack at 7.30 am, his family said.
Ghosh shot to fame with a children’s film directed by him ‘Hirer Angti’ in 1994. His film ‘Unishe April’ won the national award in 1995.
His other widely acclaimed films include ‘Dahan’, ’Asukh’, ‘Chokher Bali’, ‘Raincoat’, ‘Bariwali’, ‘Antarmahal’ and ‘Noukadubi’.
See more in Outlook Archives
- Bhima Koregaon Files: The Story Of Nine Activists Being Punished Without Trial
- 'Will Not Fight Elections Unless J&K Statehood Is Restored,' Says NC Leader Akbar Lone
- Over 2,050 Unprovoked Ceasefire Violations, Stop Targetting Civilians: India Tells Pakistan
- Twelve Killed, Several Missing As Tourist Boat Capsizes In Flooded Godavari River In Andhra
- An EU-Like Arrangement With SAARC Nations Could Reinvigorate India's Economic Prospects
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- 'Will Implement NRC In Haryana As Well,' Says CM Khattar Ahead Of State Polls
- Pakistan Could Lose In A Conventional War With India, But...: Imran Khan
- In Kaziranga, Forest Guard Shantiram Chhetri Stands Between Poacher's Bullets And Rhinos
- India v South Africa, 1st T20: Match Abandoned Due To Heavy Rain
- Priyanka Gandhi Hits Back After MoS Claims North Indians Lack Quality, Not Job Opportunity
- 'War Cry' Against Other Mother Tongues: Kerala CM Vijayan On Amit Shah's Hindi Push
- Ashes LIVE, 5th Test, Day 4: 200 Up For AUS, Wade Approaches 100
- Delhi Govt Forms Panel To Work On Introduction Of 'Deshbhakti Curriculum' In Schools