R.I.P. Mufti Mohammad Sayeed (1936- 2016)
J&K Chief Minister Mufti Mohammed Sayeed, founder of the ruling People's Democratic Party of Jammu and Kashmir, died in Delhi today following a brief illness. He was 79.
He was famously called Delhi's man in the disputed territory, one who stood against Sheikh Abdullah and his party. This was his second term as chief minister of the state. Sayeed, who was also the Chief Minister of J&K from 2002 to 2005 in coalition with Congress, played a leading part in PDP and BJP coming together to form the first ever coalition involving the saffron party in the state.
Many paid tribute to Sayeed on social media including Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He hailed Sayeed's statesmanship and said that he was a healing touch to the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Here are the few reactions on twitter-
Read Outlook's stories on Sayeed here.
- 'Minorities Were Deceived By Those Who Practiced Vote Bank Politics, Have To Win Their Trust': Narendra Modi At NDA Meet
- Rahul Gandhi's Offer To Resign Rejected, Asked To Lead In 'Challenging Times'
- Opinion | Congress Should Think Beyond Gandhi Family, Reinvent Itself For Survival
- ICC CWC 2019, Warm-Up: India Suffer Six-Wicket Defeat Against New Zealand
- BJP Created Hindu-Muslim Divide During LS Polls, Election Commission Did Nothing, Says Mamata Banerjee
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- PM Modi's Popularity, Amit Shah's Political Management Reasons For LS Win: Shiv Sena
- Cow Vigilantes Thrash 2 Muslim Men, Woman For Allegedly Carrying Beef in Madhya Pradesh
- Gujarat CM Orders Fire Safety Audit Of Schools, Malls After Surat Fire
- Movie Review | Forget Politics, PM Biopic Tells How Dev Anand Influenced Modi To Take To Sanyas
- Anurag Kashyap Mentions Rape Threats To Daughter While Congratulating PM Modi
- #SiddhuQuitPolitics Trends On Twitter After Rahul Gandhi Loses From Amethi
- MP Congress Worker Shaves Head After Losing Bet To BJP Worker
- Once A Decorated Striker, Bhaichung Bhutia Yet To Dribble Past Political Opponents And Score