PM's Hush-Hush Hobby
We have all been told about how BJP's candidate for the prime minister's post, Narendra Modi, started out as a tea-vendor. But here is something that we didn't know.
The Telegraph, on Feb 17, published a story about PM Manmohan Singh's affinity for, well not exactly tea, but tea sets.
"Singh has been quietly building a collection of teacups, saucers and pots that he received as gifts from abroad and can be taken with him once he leaves 7 Race Course Road this May...Singh, known for his frugal lifestyle, has despatched to the government 38 of the 44 gifts he had received from heads of state and government, ambassadors and other foreign visitors since July last year...All the six gifts Singh has taken home are tea sets."
- Pall Of Gloom Envelopes Congress HQ; Disbelief And Cautious Optimism Among Leaders
- Of Same-Sex Relationships And Social Mindsets: Why India Needs More Dutee Chands
- TDP Chief Naidu, Mamata Discuss Formation Of Non-BJP Govt With Congress Support
- After Exit Polls, Mayawati Meets Akhilesh, But No Meeting With Congress
- TMC Office Wears Deserted Look Day After Exit Polls Paint Bengal Saffron
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- BJP Wants Kamal Nath Govt To Prove Majority, Writes To Governor
- Buoyed By Exit Polls, BJP Workers Gear Up For Celebrations On May 23
- Exit Polls Not Final Results, But Indicate BJP Will Come To Power: Nitin Gadkari
- After Game Of Thrones Finale, Here's What Delhi Metro Tells Commuters
- Vivek Oberoi's Exit Poll Meme Involves Aishwarya, Salman And Abhishek; Sparks Row
- Will Observe Maun Vrat To Atone For Hurtful Remarks, Says Pragya Singh Thakur
- Though Exit Polls Are Favourable, DMK's Stalin Says Will Wait For May 23
- Delhi Lok Sabha Poll Results May Get Delayed By 5-6 Hours: CEO