Nobel Peace Prize For An Indian And Pakistani Does Have To Do With Global Politics: Arundhati Roy
"Look, it's a difficult thing to talk about because Malala is a brave girl and I think she has now started speaking out against US invasions and bombings that are going on.
"But certainly... as an individual, it is very difficult to resist great powers trying to co-opt you and, trying to use you in certain ways, and she's only a kid, you know, and she cannot be faulted at all for what she did, but certainly the great game is going on, you know.
"And, of course, the idea of an Indian and a Pakistani being given...sharing the Nobel prize does have to do with global politics and it does have to do with the fact that until the 1990s, Pakistan and America were allies. Now, with all the trouble in Pakistan, the US is trying to step back from that marsh and look for firmer ground, in India.
"So we are at the receiving end of the kiss of death, if you like, and so both the begums now, Pakistan and India, have to be in the sheikh's harem. You know, they have to be both be...
"I am not...this should not be taken as if I am criticising the individuals at all, but when the great game is at play, then they pick out people...all of us, I am aware of... at least you have to be aware of it..."
- Maharashtra, Haryana Polls: Sonia Wants Congress To Target State CMs, No Personal Attack On Modi
- Environment vs Development: Sena Wants 50% Seats But Deep-Rooted BJP Unlikely To Budge In Maharashtra
- 'Ab Ki Baar 75 Paar' -- Manoharlal Khattar's Big BJP Dream In Haryana
- How IIT, Development Dream Of Dispossessed, Turned Into A Nightmare
- Boxing Worlds: Panghal Goes Down Fighting In Final; India Achieve Best-Ever Medal Haul
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- 'Don't Worry, Won't Harm Your Son', Babul Supriyo To Mother Of Student Who Pulled His Hair
- Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Starrer 'Gully Boy' Is India's Official Entry To Oscars
- Conflict Of Interest Impairs Tie-Ups Between Food Industry And Its Regulator
- In Horrifying Video, Former Madras HC Judge, Son Torture Daughter-In-Law
- Houston Gears Up To Welcome PM Modi For 'Howdy Modi'
- Voting For Maharashtra, Haryana Assembly Polls On October 21
- Wrestling Worlds 2019: Deepak Punia Becomes 1st Indian To Enter Final
- LIVE: 6th T20I - AFG Set A 139-Run Target For BAN