Nobel Peace Prize For An Indian And Pakistani Does Have To Do With Global Politics: Arundhati Roy
"Look, it's a difficult thing to talk about because Malala is a brave girl and I think she has now started speaking out against US invasions and bombings that are going on.
"But certainly... as an individual, it is very difficult to resist great powers trying to co-opt you and, trying to use you in certain ways, and she's only a kid, you know, and she cannot be faulted at all for what she did, but certainly the great game is going on, you know.
"And, of course, the idea of an Indian and a Pakistani being given...sharing the Nobel prize does have to do with global politics and it does have to do with the fact that until the 1990s, Pakistan and America were allies. Now, with all the trouble in Pakistan, the US is trying to step back from that marsh and look for firmer ground, in India.
"So we are at the receiving end of the kiss of death, if you like, and so both the begums now, Pakistan and India, have to be in the sheikh's harem. You know, they have to be both be...
"I am not...this should not be taken as if I am criticising the individuals at all, but when the great game is at play, then they pick out people...all of us, I am aware of... at least you have to be aware of it..."
- Wrongs Of The Right: Kamal Nath In A Hurry To De-Saffronise Madhya Pradesh
- IMF Cuts Global Growth Rate Projections For 2019 To 3.5 Per Cent
- Fast And Furious: The Thing About Virat Kohli’s Bouncers
- Shiv Sena, Cong Target PM Over Ridiculing Oppn Unity; Is It Modi Vs Chaos? Asks Jaitley
- Mamata Banerjee Perfect Candidate For PM's Post: Shatrughan Sinha
- Liberal Beats Of Mumbai Dance Bars: Social Progress, Morality And Women
- Only Thing That Can Ground Naveen Patnaik This Time Is ‘Problem Of Plenty’
- What Will Be The Effect Of Alliances Against BJP Across India
- Two Mega Film Releases Trigger A Wave Of Crazy Fan Behaviour In Tamil Nadu
- Politics And Public Memory In Kashmir
- Sabarimala Issue May Help BJP Grow In Kerala But Social Reform Is Inevitable
- Kartarpur Corridor: Pakistan Shares Draft Agreement With India To Facilitate Travel Of Sikh Pilgrims
- Encounter Breaks Out Between Security Forces And Militants In J&K's Shopian District
- Gurgaon Woman Hires Contract Killers To Kill Husband
- WhatsApp Limits Message Forwarding In Fight Against Fake News
- CBI Interim Director Nageswara Rao Transfers 20 Officers
- Jammu-Srinagar Highway Closed After Landslides
- Cyber Expert Claims India's 2014 General Election Was 'Rigged' Through EVM Hacking
- RSS Affiliates Warn Against Farm Loan Waiver In Modi Govt's Interim Budget