Mr. Katju's 'Vote' For Shazia
Retired SC judge Markandey Katju today tweeted some advice for BJP for the upcoming Delhi polls.
I regard Shazia Ilmi much more beautiful than Kiran Bedi. If Shazia had been made their C.M. candidate BJP wud have definitely won the Delhi— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) January 30, 2015
elections. People vote for beautiful faces, as in Croatia. Even a person like me who does not vote wud have voted for Shazia.— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) January 30, 2015
It didn't take much time for the Twitterati to start slamming the 'sexist' statement.
Markandey Katju wants Shazia Ilmi as CM as she is more beautiful..Sir we want a chief minster not a Cute Maiden!@suhelseth @HeadlinesToday— Rannbanka Rathod (@atthylotusfeet) January 30, 2015
@HeadlinesToday Thank God Markandey Katju didnt say Katrina Kaif instead of Shazia Ilmi— Dev R (@Devunited1) January 30, 2015
Katju believes Shazia Ilmi is more beautiful than Kiran Bedi. Bedi says Modi is the most beautiful. Let's play mirror mirror on the wall— Aditya Menon (@AdityaMenon22) January 30, 2015
"@ndtv:'Shazia Ilmi more beautiful than Kiran Bedi': Katju's tweet slammed "--Katju Sir-U can say a woman is "activist" not beautiful:))— RVAIDYA (@rvaidya2000) January 30, 2015
Shazia Ilmi looks so beautiful. Specially her face when she smiles. Maar dala mujhe : Justice Katju. #TweetLikeKatju— ThakurSaab. (@HathwalaThakur) January 30, 2015
As a controversy started, Katju decided to come to his own defence.
Some people objected to my last tweet. My response is : develop a sense of humour. The tweet was in lighter vein,& shud be construed as such— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) January 30, 2015
And then the retired justice came up with a blog trying to explain his original tweet.
Justice Katju : What is wrong with some of you people ? Can't an o... http://t.co/6wM8bHlrYH— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) January 30, 2015
Which, also, was not spared some slamming.
Amusingly, this comes just a month after he had remarked how single women are more prone to have psychological problems.
This is not the first time he has attracted attention for his Twitter activities. Remember the time he turned into a 'shayar' and attempted to set up a 'mehfil' on Twitter? #KatjuKaMushaira
Wonder what's coming up next on his timeline.
- India Decimate Australia In Both Test And One-Day Cricket To Create History Down Under
- Veganism: Not Just A Different Menu But An Alternative Way Of Relating To Living World
- Fast And Furious: The Thing About Virat Kohli’s Bouncers
- Alliance With BSP, RLD Final; No Seat-Sharing Issues: Akhilesh
- Provide Round-The-Clock Security To 2 Women Who Entered Sabarimala Temple: Supreme Court
- Only Thing That Can Ground Naveen Patnaik This Time Is ‘Problem Of Plenty’
- What Will Be The Effect Of Alliances Against BJP Across India
- Two Mega Film Releases Trigger A Wave Of Crazy Fan Behaviour In Tamil Nadu
- Politics And Public Memory In Kashmir
- Sabarimala Issue May Help BJP Grow In Kerala But Social Reform Is Inevitable
- From Bollywood To South India, What Made Kader Khan A Darling Of Film-Makers
- Hope We Send A Powerful Message Together: Rahul Backs Mamata's Rally
- RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat Takes A Swipe At NDA Govt Over Soldier Deaths, Delay In Ram Temple
- Why Did Govt Buy Only 36 Rafale Jets Instead Of 126, Asks Chidambaram
- AAP Says No To Alliance, Will Contest All LS Seats In Punjab, Haryana And Delhi
- Vinesh Phogat Becomes First Indian To Be Nominated For Laureus World Sports Awards
- Happy To Bat At Any Position: MS Dhoni, After Helping India Beat Australia
- Rakesh Asthana Appointed As Director General Of BCAS By Govt
- Son Of BSF Jawan Who Was Dismissed Over Comments On Food, Found Dead In Haryana