Mr. Katju's 'Vote' For Shazia
Retired SC judge Markandey Katju today tweeted some advice for BJP for the upcoming Delhi polls.
I regard Shazia Ilmi much more beautiful than Kiran Bedi. If Shazia had been made their C.M. candidate BJP wud have definitely won the Delhi— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) January 30, 2015
elections. People vote for beautiful faces, as in Croatia. Even a person like me who does not vote wud have voted for Shazia.— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) January 30, 2015
It didn't take much time for the Twitterati to start slamming the 'sexist' statement.
Markandey Katju wants Shazia Ilmi as CM as she is more beautiful..Sir we want a chief minster not a Cute Maiden!@suhelseth @HeadlinesToday— Rannbanka Rathod (@atthylotusfeet) January 30, 2015
@HeadlinesToday Thank God Markandey Katju didnt say Katrina Kaif instead of Shazia Ilmi— Dev R (@Devunited1) January 30, 2015
Katju believes Shazia Ilmi is more beautiful than Kiran Bedi. Bedi says Modi is the most beautiful. Let's play mirror mirror on the wall— Aditya Menon (@AdityaMenon22) January 30, 2015
"@ndtv:'Shazia Ilmi more beautiful than Kiran Bedi': Katju's tweet slammed "--Katju Sir-U can say a woman is "activist" not beautiful:))— RVAIDYA (@rvaidya2000) January 30, 2015
Shazia Ilmi looks so beautiful. Specially her face when she smiles. Maar dala mujhe : Justice Katju. #TweetLikeKatju— ThakurSaab. (@HathwalaThakur) January 30, 2015
As a controversy started, Katju decided to come to his own defence.
Some people objected to my last tweet. My response is : develop a sense of humour. The tweet was in lighter vein,& shud be construed as such— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) January 30, 2015
And then the retired justice came up with a blog trying to explain his original tweet.
Justice Katju : What is wrong with some of you people ? Can't an o... http://t.co/6wM8bHlrYH— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) January 30, 2015
Which, also, was not spared some slamming.
Amusingly, this comes just a month after he had remarked how single women are more prone to have psychological problems.
This is not the first time he has attracted attention for his Twitter activities. Remember the time he turned into a 'shayar' and attempted to set up a 'mehfil' on Twitter? #KatjuKaMushaira
Wonder what's coming up next on his timeline.
- Asia Cup 2018: India Surrender Middle Over Honours To Pakistan As Sarfraz, Malik Stand Firm
- Two TDP Leaders Shot Dead By Maoists In Andhra Pradesh
- PM Modi Launches AB-PMJAY, World's Largest State-Run Healthcare Programme
- Rafale Deal: Nuts And Bolts Of Dassault’s Offset Partner
- What? Where? Why? A Guide To Universities And Business Schools Abroad
- The Fitness Of An Actress Is No Virtue To Be Extolled By Misogynistic Bollywood
- Why Railways' Largest Recruitment Drive May Fail To Address Passenger Safety Concerns
- Article 35A: An Unprecedented Situation In Kashmir
- Four Months Of Kumaraswami Govt: Karnataka Power Games Carry On
- Prashant Kishor No Exception, Nitish Has Always Relied On 'Apolitical' Advisors
- With A Formidable BJP, Is Mamata Worried About Hindu Votes?
- Fuel Prices: Fresh Hike In Petrol, Diesel Rates
- Navy Aircraft Locates Vessel Of Injured Naval Officer Abhilash Tomy
- No Question Of Scrapping Rafale Deal:Jaitley
- Kalpana Lajmi, Filmmaker And Screenwriter, Dies
- Rawari Gangrape: Two Prime Accused, Including Army Man, Arrested
- Nun Who Took Part In Protest Against Bishop Asked To Keep Away From Church Duties
- J&K: Wife Joins Indian Army As Lieutenant After Husband’s Martyrdom
- Manohar Parrikar Will Continue To Be Goa Chief Minister: Amit Shah