Mr. Katju's 'Vote' For Shazia
Retired SC judge Markandey Katju today tweeted some advice for BJP for the upcoming Delhi polls.
I regard Shazia Ilmi much more beautiful than Kiran Bedi. If Shazia had been made their C.M. candidate BJP wud have definitely won the Delhi— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) January 30, 2015
elections. People vote for beautiful faces, as in Croatia. Even a person like me who does not vote wud have voted for Shazia.— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) January 30, 2015
It didn't take much time for the Twitterati to start slamming the 'sexist' statement.
Markandey Katju wants Shazia Ilmi as CM as she is more beautiful..Sir we want a chief minster not a Cute Maiden!@suhelseth @HeadlinesToday— Rannbanka Rathod (@atthylotusfeet) January 30, 2015
@HeadlinesToday Thank God Markandey Katju didnt say Katrina Kaif instead of Shazia Ilmi— Dev R (@Devunited1) January 30, 2015
Katju believes Shazia Ilmi is more beautiful than Kiran Bedi. Bedi says Modi is the most beautiful. Let's play mirror mirror on the wall— Aditya Menon (@AdityaMenon22) January 30, 2015
"@ndtv:'Shazia Ilmi more beautiful than Kiran Bedi': Katju's tweet slammed "--Katju Sir-U can say a woman is "activist" not beautiful:))— RVAIDYA (@rvaidya2000) January 30, 2015
Shazia Ilmi looks so beautiful. Specially her face when she smiles. Maar dala mujhe : Justice Katju. #TweetLikeKatju— ThakurSaab. (@HathwalaThakur) January 30, 2015
As a controversy started, Katju decided to come to his own defence.
Some people objected to my last tweet. My response is : develop a sense of humour. The tweet was in lighter vein,& shud be construed as such— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) January 30, 2015
And then the retired justice came up with a blog trying to explain his original tweet.
Justice Katju : What is wrong with some of you people ? Can't an o... http://t.co/6wM8bHlrYH— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) January 30, 2015
Which, also, was not spared some slamming.
Amusingly, this comes just a month after he had remarked how single women are more prone to have psychological problems.
This is not the first time he has attracted attention for his Twitter activities. Remember the time he turned into a 'shayar' and attempted to set up a 'mehfil' on Twitter? #KatjuKaMushaira
Wonder what's coming up next on his timeline.
- SC Reserves Order On Pleas Seeking Court Monitored Probe In Rafale Deal
- ISRO Launches GSAT-29 Communication Satellite
- Pakistan Doesn’t Want Kashmir, It Can’t Manage Its Four Provinces: Shahid Afridi
- Ponzi Scam Case: Former Karnataka Minister Janardhana Reddy Gets Bail
- Blog | From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- What Makes India Powerful, What Sort Of A Country We Want
- Indian Railways On A Name Changing Spree
- The Relevance of Shah Rukh Khan Long After We’ve Stopped Running Through Mustard Fields
- Is India Different From Pakistan?
- Karnataka By-Poll Vignettes: U-Turn In Sholay Land
- Modi Is Non-Resident Prime Minister, Says DMK Chief M K Stalin
- All Global Terror Attacks Leads To Single Source: PM Modi
- Parliament's Winter Session To Begin From Dec 11
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections: 119 Candidates File Nominations
- Nehru Made It Possible For A 'Chaiwala' To Become Prime Minister: Shashi Tharoor
- Temporarily Divestment Is Kept On Hold, Says Air India CMD
- Congress Will Install People's Government In Chhattisgarh: Rahul Gandhi
- Trump Nominates Indian-American Neomi Rao To Federal Appeals Court