Katju And The DYKWIAs: India's Stigmata
Here comes Markandey Katju, again, this time demanding that Sanjay Dutt, convicted by the Supreme Court in an arms charge related to the merciless terrorist slaughter of hundreds of Mumbaikars, be let off by the government. Here is the full, unedited text of his letter to the Governor of Maharashtra: 'Pardon Sanjay Dutt And Set Him Free'
- The event happen [sic] in 1993 i.e. 20 years ago. During this period Sanjay suffered a lot, and had a cloud hovering over his head throughout. He had to undergo various tribulations and indignities during this period. He had to go to court often, he had to take the permission of the court for foreign shootings, he could not get bank loans, etc.
- Sanjay Dutt has already undergone 18 months in jail.
- Sanjay Dutt has got married, and they have two small children.
- He has not been held to be a terrorist, and had no hand in the bomb blasts.
- His parents Sunil Dutt and Nargis worked for the good of society and the nation. Sunil Dutt and Nargis often went to border areas to give moral support to our brave jawans and did other social work for society.
- Sanjay in this period of 20 years has through his film revived the memory of Mahatma Gandhi and the message of Gandhiji, the father of the nation.
Katju is not the only one who feels this way; the dons of the Mumbai film world, assorted politicians, and anyone else who feels entitled to pipe up have been shedding bitter tears for Sanjay Dutt The Hard-done-by. Dutt is such a fine and upstanding fellow from such a fine family (just like Markandey Katju) who, after all, deserves better, being from a better class of humans. Their goodness and righteousness should always be taken for granted, on the strength of their own protestations--the adversarial legal system, all the way up to the Supreme Court is redundant, when we have their word.
Perhaps the aam admi, the kind who routinely gets it in the neck during these terrorist attacks, might also consider agreeing with this view. After all, the victims of Sanjay Dutt's terrorist buddies don't amount to much, having been mostly nobodies to begin with, and now safely dead for 20 years.
Let's count the ways, a through f, following Katju:
- The victims didn't suffer for the past 20 years; no clouds hung over their heads, nor were they visited by tribulations and indignities during this period. They were certainly not required in court, ever, and needed no permission to go abroad for film shoots, and, never having had to apply for any bank loans, couldn't say they had trouble getting bank loans.
- There was no question of the victims spending 18 months in jail.
- The victims never got married and never had any children small or large during this period.
- The victims were never suspected of being terrorists.
- The victims were worthless since their' parents, being ordinary folks and not big stars like Nargis and Sunil Dutt, only lived their lives and never did any big things.
- The victims never made any movies conflating sociopathic murderers and terrorists with Mahatma Gandhi.
- Nihilipilified On The Hill: Sabarimala, Congress And The Pilgrim’s Regress
- Ad Guru And Theatre Personality Alyque Padamsee Dies At 90
- Sabarimala Row: Shutdown In Kerala After Late Night Arrest Of Hindu Woman Leader
- Facebook Investors Want Mark Zuckerberg To Resign
- Should He Or Shouldn't He? Raging Debate On Dhoni's Inclusion In 2019 World Cup
- Why Indian Railways Is Bad At Implementing Big-Ticket Projects
- Tamil Nadu: A State For Statues
- From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- What Makes India Powerful, What Sort Of A Country We Want
- Indian Railways On A Name Changing Spree
- The Relevance of Shah Rukh Khan Long After We’ve Stopped Running Through Mustard Fields
- Amazon Will Go Bankrupt One Day, We Need To Delay That Day: CEO To Employees
- PM Modi Is A Chowkidar Of Anil Ambani: Rahul Gandhi In Madhya Pradesh
- Let Non-Gandhi Become Congress President For Five Years: PM Modi
- J&K Panchayat Elections: 9% Voter Turnout Recorded For First Phase Till 10 AM
- 22 Married Women Receive Widows' Pension In UP While Husbands Are Alive
- PM Modi, Shivraj Singh Chouhan Are Like Double Engines Of A Train: Amit Shah
- Will Visit Sabarimala Next Unannounced, Using Guerilla Tactics: Trupti Desai
- After Naidu, Mamata Bans CBI Probe In West Bengal Without Consent