While a war rages and the world tries to come to grips with the violence let loose by Israel on Gaza, a photograph of a Lebanese journalist kissing her Jewish boyfriend has gone viral.
The picture shows Sulome Anderson, the daughter of Terry Anderson, the former Middle East bureau chief for the Associated Press and her American-Israeli boyfriend kissing.
The photograph was posted in response to a social media campaign called: “Jews and Arabs refuse to be enemies" -- #JewsandArabsRefuseToBeEnemies -- launched by Abraham Gutman and Dania Darwish, both students at Hunter College in New York, shortly after the Israeli military launched Operation Protective Edge on Gaza on July 8
The campaign has prompted many similar images to be posted to social networking sites. We present a selection:
- No Floor Test Till Further Orders: Madras High Court
- Probe Into Utkal Express Derailment Relied Tampered Evidence, Railway Officials Seek Judicial Investigation
- Nearly 250, Including 21 Schoolchildren, Dead In Powerful Earthquake
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED