ISIS Plans For An Attack In India To Provoke An Apocalyptic Confrontation With US: Report
According to a report in USA Today, an alleged Islamic State recruitement document was found in Pakistan's tribal areas which gives a sneak peek into the Islamic State's ambitious plans of building a grand terrorist army in Pakistan and Afghanistan and triggering a war in India.
The 32-page document which is in Urdu was translated by Harvard researcher and translator Mustafa Samdani.
According to the report, the document "details a plot to attack U.S. soldiers as they withdraw from Afghanistan and target American diplomats and Pakistani officials."
The document also mentions how ISIS is different from other terror organisations:
Unlike al-Qaeda, which has targeted terror attacks on the United States and other western nations, the document said Islamic State leaders believe that’s the wrong strategic goal. “Instead of wasting energy in a direct confrontation with the U.S., we should focus on an armed uprising in the Arab world for the establishment of the caliphate,” the document said.
The document reveals some alarming details about Islamic State's ambitions in India. The report claims:
The document warns that “preparations” for an attack in India are underway and predicts that an attack will provoke an apocalyptic confrontation with America: “Even if the U.S tries to attack with all its allies, which undoubtedly it will, the ummah will be united, resulting in the final battle.” The word “ummah” refers to the entire global community of Muslims.
Striking in India would magnify the Islamic State’s stature and threaten the stability of the region, said Bruce Riedel, a senior fellow with the Brookings Institution who served more than 30 years in the CIA. “Attacking in India is the Holy Grail of South Asian jihadists.”
- Pakistan Gets 4 Months To Act Against Terror Funding, Escapes FATF 'Black List'
- From Wuhan Spirit To Chennai Connect, Sino-Indian Ties Gather Momentum After Modi-Xi Meet
- Ayodhya: Muslim Parties Refute Reports Of Sunni Waqf Board Withdrawing Case
- Supreme Court Orders Transfer Of Assam NRC Coordinator Prateek Hajela To MP
- INX Media Case: CBI Files Charge Sheet Against P Chidambaram, Son
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- No Relief For PMC Depositors As Supreme Court Refuses To Hear Plea
- Sarfaraz Ahmed Removed As Pakistan Captain Across All Three Formats
- Hapur Custodial Death: FIR Against Three Cops For Murder, Assault Of Farmer
- IMF Says India Must Invest In Human Capital To Revive Economy
- Pehlu Khan Case: Rajasthan Govt Challenges Acquittal Of 6 Accused
- CJI Ranjan Gogoi Writes To Govt, Recommends Justice Bobde As His Successor
- 'Didn't Fire A Single Bullet': BSF Says Bangladeshi Forces' Action Was Unprovoked
- Stolen, Not Lost: Aggrieved Depositors Endorse Harsha Bhogle's Call