I stand with Charlie Hebdo: Salman Rushdie
Here's my brief statement about the awful events in Paris. Vive Charlie Hebdo! http://t.co/kspeTLCQ78— Salman Rushdie (@SalmanRushdie) January 7, 2015
"Religion, a medieaeval form of unreason, when combined with modern weaponry becomes a threat to our freedom.
This religious totalitarianism has caused a deadly mutation in the heart of Islam and we see the tragic consequences in Paris today.
I stand with Charlie Hebdo, as we all must, to defend the art of satire, which has always been a force for liberty and against tyranny, dishonesty and stupidity.
“Respect for religion” has become a code phrase meaning “fear of religion.”
Religions, like all other ideas, deserve criticism, satire, and, yes, our fearless disrespect."
- 6-10 Pak Soldiers Killed, 3 Terror Camps Destroyed In PoK By Indian Forces: Army Chief
- Will Prepare Blueprint For Companies Looking Beyond China: Sitharaman
- In Meet With Yogi, Kamlesh's Family Demands Capital Punishment For Murderers
- Great Content The Reason For Web Series' Success: Sujoy Ghosh
- India v South Africa, Ranchi Test: Pacers Rock SA After Rohit 212
- When Asked To Bend, We Turned To Kafka, George Orwell
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- 'Why So Many Rallies In Maharashtra If...': Shiv Sena Asks CM Fadnavis
- 'I Celebrate Women Who Resist Urge To Live As Victims': Smriti Irani
- London Mayor Condemns Plans To Hold Anti-India March Over Kashmir Issue
- No Fan Of Noise, But Outlook Wants To Be Heard: Ruben Banerjee
- DU Professor's Body Found On Rail Tracks, Mother Too Found Dead
- 'These Bigots Are Blinded By...': Rahul Slams Goyal Over Anti-Abhijit Banerjee Comment
- ISL, Kerala Blasters 2 - 1 ATK: Ogbeche Double Seals Thrilling Victory
- WATCH: Jaw-Dropping Sixes! Umesh Yadav Lays Waste To South Africa