Homeopathy And Hallucinations
On Septemeber 4, a group of practitioners of alternative medicine were holding a conference at a hotel in the town of Handeloh, south of Hamburg, Germany.
Unfortunately the conference ended in chaos after dozens of delegates in attendance took a LSD-like drug and started suffering from hallucinations.
The Independent quoted a German website saying:
The 29 men and women were "staggering around, rolling in a meadow, talking gibberish and suffering severe cramps".
More than 150 medical staff, ambulances and police took the raving delegates who were found suffering from delusions, breathing problems, racing hearts and cramps, to hospital.
Tests revealed that they had all taken hallucinogenic drug 2C-E, which is known as Aquarust in Germany and has been illegal there since the end of last year.
However, it is still unclear how or why they took the drug, that too at a conference. Police are reportedly looking into possibilities including the drug being taken as a joint experiment, or it being furtively given to conference participants as a prank.
A spokesperson from the Association of German Healing Practitioners (VDH), which represents homeopaths as well as other naturopaths said:
Unfortunately, the conference in Handeloh has severely damaged the image of the alternative medicine profession…and we have clarified that such acts are not in the spirit of natural therapy, and contradict our values both morally and legally.
- Ayodhya Verdict Bears Stamp Of Contemporary Indian Politics, Majoritarian Rule Looms Large
- Top Officials Skip Key Parliamentary Meet On Pollution
- INX Case: No Relief For Chidambaram, Court Says Bail Will Send 'Wrong Message'
- Maha CM Will Be From Sena In Three-Party Alliance Govt, Says Nawab Malik
- Beating Fear Of Failure Has Made Me Hungrier – Mayank
- One Hundred Days Of Solitude In Kashmir’s News World
- How T. N. Seshan's Poll Clean-up Operation Actually Helped Lalu Yadav In Bihar
- Domestic Violence Can Be Isolated, Repetitive Or Even Span Generations
- Bollywood’s Double Whammy For Bald People Is Regressive, Not Cool
- When Asked To Bend, We Turned To Kafka, George Orwell
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- Delhi Lawyers Call Off Strike After 11-Day Protest Against Tis Hazari Clash
- Amnesty India Offices ln Bengaluru, Delhi Raided By CBI
- 'Press Has Been Kind To My Office', Says CJI Gogoi But Declines Interviews
- 'Modinomics Stinks So Bad', Says Rahul Gandhi On NSO Survey Revelation
- 'Inform Govt To Read Extremely Important Dissent Order In Sabarimala Verdict': Justice Nariman
- Hindu Mahasabha Demands Godse's Court Statements In MP Textbooks
- WATCH: Umesh Yadav Rubs Salt Into Bangladesh's Wound
- IPL 2020: Released, Retained Players; Funds Available To Each Franchise