History Lessons For Modi From Nitish
Two days after the eventful Patna rally by Narendra Modi, the Bihar Chief Minister equated his Gujarat counterpart with Hitler and, citing how his followers had attacked Amartya Sen because he praised Bihar, said Modi is a fascist just like the German chancellor.
Like Hitler's information minister, Joseph Goebbels, Nitish Kumar said, Modi too believes in repeating lies a hundred times so that they would begin to sound like the truth.
Nitish Kumar then went on to demolish some of the utterances by Mr Modi:
- Takshila is not in Bihar but in Pakistan [Located in Western Punjab in modern-day Pakistan, 32 KM northwest of Rawalpindi
- Wonder how Modi brought Sikandar [Alexander] to the banks of the Ganga in Bihar [Alexander's army crossed the river Jhelum [Hydaspes] and vanquished Porus but the Macedonian army mutinied on the banks of the river Beas [Hyphasis] near Indora in present day Himachal Pradesh
- Chandragupta Maurya belonged to the Maurya dynasty and not the Gupta dynasty
Incidentally, since we are on the question of history and Sardar Patel, last week in Udaipur, Narendra Modi had said that Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru did not attend Sardar Patel's funeral. Not only newspaper reports but even video footage of the period show both Prime Minister Nehru and President Rajendra Prasad attending the funeral on December 15, 1950
- 22 People Killed, Schools Shut As Rains Continue To Pound Himachal Pradesh
- Let's Move Forward, Free PoK From Pakistan, Says Union Minister Jitendra Singh
- Days After Moving Vatican, Expelled Kerala Nun Says 'Not Very Hopeful Of Positive Outcome'
- 190 Primary Schools To Reopen Today In Srinagar; Govt Offices To Be Functional Across Valley
- Death Threat To Indian Cricket Team, Pakistan Alert BCCI After Sensational Email
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat Pitches For 'Harmonious' Conversation On Reservation
- Home Minister Amit Shah Blames 'Appeasement' Politics For Triple Talaq
- 'Talks Will Only Be On PoK': Rajnath Singh's Fresh Attack On Pakistan
- BJP's Shivraj Singh Chouhan Calls Rahul Gandhi 'Deserter' Who 'Abandoned' Congress
- Ashes 2019: Australia Survive Jofra Archer Onslaught For Lord's Draw
- Video: Drunk Driver Crashes Car Into Pedestrians In Bengaluru, Several Injured
- MS Dhoni Ends His Two-Week Stint With Territorial Army... What Next?
- 'Crows': Sharad Pawar Lashes Out At Leaders Who Left NCP, Joined Others