History Lessons For Modi From Nitish
Two days after the eventful Patna rally by Narendra Modi, the Bihar Chief Minister equated his Gujarat counterpart with Hitler and, citing how his followers had attacked Amartya Sen because he praised Bihar, said Modi is a fascist just like the German chancellor.
Like Hitler's information minister, Joseph Goebbels, Nitish Kumar said, Modi too believes in repeating lies a hundred times so that they would begin to sound like the truth.
Nitish Kumar then went on to demolish some of the utterances by Mr Modi:
- Takshila is not in Bihar but in Pakistan [Located in Western Punjab in modern-day Pakistan, 32 KM northwest of Rawalpindi
- Wonder how Modi brought Sikandar [Alexander] to the banks of the Ganga in Bihar [Alexander's army crossed the river Jhelum [Hydaspes] and vanquished Porus but the Macedonian army mutinied on the banks of the river Beas [Hyphasis] near Indora in present day Himachal Pradesh
- Chandragupta Maurya belonged to the Maurya dynasty and not the Gupta dynasty
Incidentally, since we are on the question of history and Sardar Patel, last week in Udaipur, Narendra Modi had said that Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru did not attend Sardar Patel's funeral. Not only newspaper reports but even video footage of the period show both Prime Minister Nehru and President Rajendra Prasad attending the funeral on December 15, 1950
- Lok Sabha Elections Results: Why Karnataka, Bengal, Odisha May Spring A Surprise
- Lok Sabha Election Results: Regional Parties May Hold More Trumps Than BJP, Congress
- Day Before Counting, Election Commission Rejects Opposition Demand On VVPATs
- Attempted Break-in At Indian Air Force’s Paris Office Handling Rafale Data: Report
- CWC 2019: There Will Be Disappointment If India Rely Too Heavily On Kohli, Warns Tendulkar
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- Party Workers Keep 24-Hour Vigil Outside EVM Strongrooms Ahead Of Counting Day
- Govt Clears Names Of Four Judges For Elevation To Supreme Court: Report
- 'Sour Losers': Paswan Slams Opposition For 'Desperation' Over VVPAT Issue
- Rahul Gandhi vs Smriti Irani, Modi vs Ajay Rai, Rajnath vs Poonam Sinha: Key Contests In UP
- In Parts Of Odisha, Cylone Fani-Affected People Forced To Repay Loans
- At NDA Meet, PM Modi Expresses Concern Over 'Needless Controversy' On EVMs
- 'Why Can't All VVPATs Be Verified, Is SC Also Involved in Rigging', Asks Udit Raj
- Newly-elected Members Of Lok Sabha Not To Stay In Hotels: LS Secretary General