Hindutva Jihad: 'If They Kill One Hindu, 100 Will Be...'
A video purportedly showing BJP's controversial Loksabha MP from Gorakhpur, Yogi Adityanath, making incendiary comments has brought the focus back on the BJP's Hindutva agenda and the attempts to polarise people on religious and communal lines.
In the video, which is undated, and is said to be made during the campaign for 2009 Loksabha elections, Adityanath is shown and heard saying first that he was very concerned about a court directive to Uttar Pradesh government to investigate why Hindu girls were going [eloping] with Muslim men.
He goes on to say that later he heard about an appeal by a Muslim man from Gorakhpur that while elsewhere in Uttar Pradesh Hindu girls might be eloping with Muslim men, in Gorakhpur it is the Muslim girls who end up in Hindu households. At this point the assembled crowd of men cheer wildly.
He talks about converting people to Hinduism and then says, "wo agar 1 Hindu baalikaa ko le jaayenge to kam se kam 100 Muslim baalikaaon ko... ["If they take one Hindu girl away, there will be at least 100 that we will..."] and then he pauses, as the crowd cheers and completes his sentence.
He does not just stop there and goes on to say, "agar vo ek Hindu ko maarenge to 100 ko hum bhi...[If they kill one Hindu, there will be 100 that we" and pauses, as the gathered crowd shouts: "maarenge [kill]"
"We will return whatever they do 100 folds, with interest," he is heard saying.
On being asked about this speech, he refused to confirm or deny it and said it was the media's responsibility to find out the autheticity of any video before showing it.
In the run up to the assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, while the BJP removed the controversial 'Love Jihad' from its resolution in a party meeting in Vrindavan last week, various Hindutva outfits and leaders continue to rake up the subject.
- Sadhvi Pragya's Remarks On Hemant Karkare Personal, Could Be Due To Years Of Torture: BJP
- Mulayam Singh 'Real Leader' Of Backwards, Not 'Fake' Like PM Modi: Mayawati
- 'Felt Let Down': Priyanka Chaturvedi Joins Shiv Sena After Quitting Congress
- MS Dhoni: Why No One Can Predict The Future of This Cricketing Superman
- Prison Diary | By Kishorechandra Wangkhem
- Why NaMo TV Should Not Be Banned
- The Politics Of Degrees: Is It Important That Leaders Be Well Educated?
- Ole Navigates Tricky Territory As Manchester United's Season Hits Crunch-Time
- Free Trips And The Art Of Looting Public Money By Indian Sports Administrators
- It Is Okay To Dig Up The Dead During Elections In Tamil Nadu
- Welcome To Tulip Garden – A Game Of Normalcy In Seething Kashmir
- Movie Review: 'Kalank' Is A Wrong Movie At A Wrong Time From KJo's Gloss Factory
- VIDEO: Man Slaps Hardik Patel On Stage At Congress Meeting In Gujarat’s Surendranagar
- Ratan Tata Meets Mohan Bhagwat At RSS Headquarters In Nagpur
- EC Officer, In-Charge Of EVMs And VVPATs, Goes Missing In West Bengal
- 570 Candidates With Criminal Cases In Fray For 3rd Phase Of Lok Sabha Elections
- Was BJP Voted To Power To Change Names, Asks Priya Dutt
- Rajinikanth Says Ready To Face Assembly Polls In Tamil Nadu
- Union Minister Says Anyone Pointing Fingers At BJP Workers Will Pay For It In 'Four Hours'