Hindutva Jihad: 'If They Kill One Hindu, 100 Will Be...'
A video purportedly showing BJP's controversial Loksabha MP from Gorakhpur, Yogi Adityanath, making incendiary comments has brought the focus back on the BJP's Hindutva agenda and the attempts to polarise people on religious and communal lines.
In the video, which is undated, and is said to be made during the campaign for 2009 Loksabha elections, Adityanath is shown and heard saying first that he was very concerned about a court directive to Uttar Pradesh government to investigate why Hindu girls were going [eloping] with Muslim men.
He goes on to say that later he heard about an appeal by a Muslim man from Gorakhpur that while elsewhere in Uttar Pradesh Hindu girls might be eloping with Muslim men, in Gorakhpur it is the Muslim girls who end up in Hindu households. At this point the assembled crowd of men cheer wildly.
He talks about converting people to Hinduism and then says, "wo agar 1 Hindu baalikaa ko le jaayenge to kam se kam 100 Muslim baalikaaon ko... ["If they take one Hindu girl away, there will be at least 100 that we will..."] and then he pauses, as the crowd cheers and completes his sentence.
He does not just stop there and goes on to say, "agar vo ek Hindu ko maarenge to 100 ko hum bhi...[If they kill one Hindu, there will be 100 that we" and pauses, as the gathered crowd shouts: "maarenge [kill]"
"We will return whatever they do 100 folds, with interest," he is heard saying.
On being asked about this speech, he refused to confirm or deny it and said it was the media's responsibility to find out the autheticity of any video before showing it.
In the run up to the assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, while the BJP removed the controversial 'Love Jihad' from its resolution in a party meeting in Vrindavan last week, various Hindutva outfits and leaders continue to rake up the subject.
- SC Transfers PILs Pending In Bombay HC To Itself
- AAP MLAs Withdraw Plea From Delhi HC Seeking Stay On EC's Recommendation To Disqualify Them
- Petrol Price Crosses Rs 80-Mark In Mumbai, Centre Likely To Bring Fuel Under GST Soon
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED