Hindutva Jihad: 'If They Kill One Hindu, 100 Will Be...'
A video purportedly showing BJP's controversial Loksabha MP from Gorakhpur, Yogi Adityanath, making incendiary comments has brought the focus back on the BJP's Hindutva agenda and the attempts to polarise people on religious and communal lines.
In the video, which is undated, and is said to be made during the campaign for 2009 Loksabha elections, Adityanath is shown and heard saying first that he was very concerned about a court directive to Uttar Pradesh government to investigate why Hindu girls were going [eloping] with Muslim men.
He goes on to say that later he heard about an appeal by a Muslim man from Gorakhpur that while elsewhere in Uttar Pradesh Hindu girls might be eloping with Muslim men, in Gorakhpur it is the Muslim girls who end up in Hindu households. At this point the assembled crowd of men cheer wildly.
He talks about converting people to Hinduism and then says, "wo agar 1 Hindu baalikaa ko le jaayenge to kam se kam 100 Muslim baalikaaon ko... ["If they take one Hindu girl away, there will be at least 100 that we will..."] and then he pauses, as the crowd cheers and completes his sentence.
He does not just stop there and goes on to say, "agar vo ek Hindu ko maarenge to 100 ko hum bhi...[If they kill one Hindu, there will be 100 that we" and pauses, as the gathered crowd shouts: "maarenge [kill]"
"We will return whatever they do 100 folds, with interest," he is heard saying.
On being asked about this speech, he refused to confirm or deny it and said it was the media's responsibility to find out the autheticity of any video before showing it.
In the run up to the assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, while the BJP removed the controversial 'Love Jihad' from its resolution in a party meeting in Vrindavan last week, various Hindutva outfits and leaders continue to rake up the subject.
- Government Appoints M Nageshwar Rao As Interim CBI Chief
- Mood In Chhattisgarh Favours Anti-Incumbency, But Will Congress Benefit From It?
- Jamal Khashoggi Killing 'One Of Worst Cover-Ups' In History: Donald Trump
- J&K: Explosion Inside Brigade Headquarters In Poonch As Pakistan Violates Ceasefire
- Interview | A Huge Change In Favour Of Congress In All Five States: Scindia
- BJP's 'Win' In Kashmir Valley Will Be Remembered For Wrong Reasons
- Rail Apps: When A Train Ticket Examiner Left Passengers Speechless
- Durga Puja In Calcutta A Parable Of Life
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- Pakistan Arrests 16 Indian Fishermen For Violating Maritime Boundary
- RSS Used ‘Planned’ Protests To Destroy Peace At Sabarimala: Kerala CM
- BJP Minister Subhash Deshmukh Accused of 'Duping' Govt Of Rs 24 Crore
- India Vs West Indies, 2nd ODI: India Announce 12-Man Squad For Vizag Match
- China Continues To Block India's Request To List Masood Azhar As Global Terrorist
- TN Minister Allegedly Forces Woman For Abortion, Audio Clip Goes Viral
- No Complete Ban On Sale And Use Of Firecrackers, Says Supreme Court
- Heads Of Groom, Relatives Tonsured For Calling Off Wedding Over Dowry