Hindi Fiasco: 10 Questions For Sushmaji
Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) was the nodal agency for this year's 'Vishwa Hindi Sammelan' or the World Hindi Conference. With both the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and her MOS and former Army chief V.K. Singh in attendance, the conference assumed much importance. But while organisers sought to dismiss the resentment at keeping even Bhopal based Hindi writers outside, the community of Hindi writers seem upset enough. These are some of the questions they have raised:
- The conference, organised once in three years, was generally held in countries and regions where Hindi is not spoken. Why was Bhopal chosen as the venue this year?
- What's the hidden agenda of the Government that both litterateurs as well as linguists were not invited?
- The minister said that the attempt was to take Hindi to the market. 40 crore people speak Hindi. Should the market come to Hindi or the Language go to the market?
- General(rtd) V.K.Singh insulted Hindi writers by saying that in earlier conferences they ate, boozed, fought and then left. Does he hold similar views about the Army which is provided cheap booze by the Govt?
- The Prime Minister himself declared that there was a difference between language and literature! Given half a chance would he take away Shakespeare from English?
- Two invitation cards were printed for the conference and the chief guests were central ministers and Amitabh Bachchan. What kind of message has this sent?
- Barring the inaugural and the closing functions, other sessions were closed-door affairs. What was so secret about it?
- Was this a Hindi conference or a Hindu conference?
- Why were the media kept out?
- Public money was spent on the conference. Will MEA disclose, without waiting for an RTI application, how much has been spent and what has been achieved?
- 'Betrayal,' Says Mayawati After 6 BSP MLAs Jump Ship To Join Congress In Rajasthan
- On 69th Birthday, PM Modi Says Article 370 Abrogation Was Sardar Patel's Vision
- PM Modi Didn’t Ask For Zakir Naik’s Extradition, Claims Malaysian PM Mahathir Mohamad
- A Litany Of Woes: Why Jayalalitha's Posh Chennai Bungalow Has Turned Into A Battlefield
- Balraj Sahni’s Political Ideology Had An Impact On His Career, Says Son Parikshat
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- DRDO's 'Rustom-2' Drone Crashes In Karnataka During Trial
- Seat-Sharing Row: BJP Unwilling To Follow 50:50 Formula With Ally Shiv Sena In Maharashtra
- Ahead Of 'Howdy Modi' Event In Houston, PM Modi Asks Public For Speech Ideas
- India Women Team Cricketer Approached To Fix Matches: Report
- Ranu Mondol Must Heed Lata Mangeshkar’s Advice If She Wants Enduring Success
- 'No Shah, Sultan Or Samrat Should...': Kamal Haasan Jabs Amit Shah On Hindi Push
- Chandrababu Naidu Demands CBI Probe Into Death Of Ex-AP Speaker Who Allegedly Committed Suicide
- In Stern Message, Ravi Shastri Warns Rishabh Pant Not To Play Rash Shots Again