#Hellyeah! The Congress Has A Hoot Of A Hit!
There's never a dull moment on Times Now.
While the nation had given up wanting to hear even a word more of the 'analyses' on the MaHa results and the BJP's stupendous performance in Maharashtra and Haryana last night, the Congress party fielded a new spokesperson, intriguingly named Americai V. Narayanan.
Informed by the same spirit of enquiry the channel is justifibaly famous for, the editor in chief of Times Now, Arnab Goswami, asked, on behalf of the nation, whether the Congress party has been punished for supporting corruption. Mr Americai responded:
"If you ask me if there has been corruption in the UPA, hell yeah!"
Who, you may justifiably ask, is this Americai V. Narayanan, and why had we not heard of him before?
Well, as he informed the Times Now viewers last night, he is a "qualified CPA from the United States." As against the unqualified ones, presumably.
His Twitter profile led us to his website, which helpfully informs us:
He was introduced to Tamil Nadu as "America" Narayanan by the Tamil magazine 'Junior Vikatan' in a cover page article, since then he is commonly called as "America" Narayanan by auto drivers, Slum dwellers and others in Tamil Nadu. However, he wants to be a humble public servant; hence, uses his name as Americai (means 'humble' in Tamil) V. Narayanan.
Now, Congress party has always had a penchant for some rather distinctive spokespeople (Renuka Chaudhury, Tom "Tweet is a very lonely man" Vadakkan, Sanjay Jha, Tehseen Poonawalla come readily to mind), and just a cursory reading of the website tells us that the TV debut on Times Now was not a flash in the pan and we are indeed dealing with someone, well, unusual:
He has kept his house name as INDIA
But this person has got America in his name (yes, he proved again he does usual things unusually).
"I don't do different things but......do things differently"
So does the Congress have a hit once again on Twitter after #thiikhai and #Pappuinterview? #Hellyeah, they are calling it a bigger debut than that of Saurav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid, Hrithik Roshan and Arundhati Roy's Tiger Woodsian one, combined.
So much so, that even Americai V. Narayanan had the humility to tweet:
#HellYeah I thk 4 BRICKBATS & bouquets. It is a learning experience.Will be of more help if u know more abt me b4 commenting.pl see my site— Americai Narayanan (@americai) October 20, 2014
That was not all, Mr Narayanan also helpfully provided a longer YouTube version of the programme, titled, quite accurately by him as: Americai V Narayanan discussed in TIMES NOW on 19-10-2014
Ladies and gentlemen, we present here only a selection for your delectation:
- 22 People Killed, Schools Shut As Rains Continue To Pound Himachal Pradesh
- Let's Move Forward, Free PoK From Pakistan, Says Union Minister Jitendra Singh
- Days After Moving Vatican, Expelled Kerala Nun Says 'Not Very Hopeful Of Positive Outcome'
- Unnao Rape Survivor Accident: SC Gives CBI Two More Weeks To Complete Probe
- 190 Primary Schools To Reopen Today In Srinagar; Govt Offices To Be Functional Across Valley
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- Death Threat To Indian Cricket Team, Pakistan Alerts BCCI After Sensational Email
- SC Dismisses Tarun Tejpal's Plea Seeking Quashing Of Charges In Sexual Assault Case
- RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat Pitches For 'Harmonious' Conversation On Reservation
- 'Talks Will Only Be On PoK': Rajnath Singh's Fresh Attack On Pakistan
- Concussed Smith Hopeful Of Playing Leeds Test
- BJP's Shivraj Singh Chouhan Calls Rahul Gandhi 'Deserter' Who 'Abandoned' Congress
- Video: Drunk Driver Crashes Car Into Pedestrians In Bengaluru, Several Injured
- MS Dhoni Ends His Two-Week Stint With Territorial Army... What Next?