Google's 'Bomb Gaza' App Creates Controversy
Google Play released a game called Bomb Gaza which has since created a controversy and has been marked by widespread protests.
The game invites players to "drop bombs and avoid killing civilians". It has reportedly been downloaded upto 1,000 times, and continues to be available despite negative reviews.
"Disgusting. It would be interesting how Larry Page and Sergey Brin, both advocates of the Google mantra ' dont be evil ' and the other people in charge of applications respond. Google should not only give a very public apology but divert some of their billions to help those helpless innocents in Gaza," writes Yunus Patel on the Google Play review page.
Another game on similar lines, Gaza Assault: Code Red, asks players to "take control of an Israeli UAV equipped with powerful weapons in an attempt to secure the region!"
- 'Minorities Were Deceived By Those Who Practiced Vote Bank Politics, Have To Win Their Trust': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi's Offer To Resign Rejected, Asked To Lead In 'Challenging Times'
- Opinion | Congress Should Think Beyond Gandhi Family, Reinvent Itself For Survival
- ICC CWC 2019, IND Vs NZ Warm-Up: India Playing A Chasing Game
- BJP Created Hindu-Muslim Divide During LS Polls, Election Commission Did Nothing, Says Mamata Banerjee
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- PM Modi's Popularity, Amit Shah's Political Management Reasons For LS Win: Shiv Sena
- Cow Vigilantes Thrash 2 Muslim Men, Woman For Allegedly Carrying Beef in Madhya Pradesh
- Gujarat CM Orders Fire Safety Audit Of Schools, Malls After Surat Fire
- Movie Review | Forget Politics, PM Biopic Tells How Dev Anand Influenced Modi To Take To Sanyas
- Anurag Kashyap Mentions Rape Threats To Daughter While Congratulating PM Modi
- #SiddhuQuitPolitics Trends On Twitter After Rahul Gandhi Loses From Amethi
- MP Congress Worker Shaves Head After Losing Bet To BJP Worker
- Once A Decorated Striker, Bhaichung Bhutia Yet To Dribble Past Political Opponents And Score