Gandhis Themselves Allowed Stories About Vadra: Swamy
In Karan Thapar's Last Word on CNN-IBN, the Janta Party president, was asked why his charges against Rahul and Sonia Gandhi were not as big front-page news as Arvind Kejriwal's charges against Robert Vadra, or Aaj Tak's charges against Salman Khurshid, and if this was because the press was biased against him:
from around 11:48 onwards:
Subramanian Swamy: The press is not biased against me but the press is amenable to pressure and since I have many members of my family who are in the press, I get an inside view of how that pressure works - whether it works through an SMS or a direct telephone phone call...
Karan Thapar: Can you be explicit? Pressure from whom?
Subramanian Swamy: Pressure from people in authority.
Karan Thapar: The Congress party or the Gandhis directly?
Subramanian Swamy: Well, of course the Gandhis. Definitely they've their hatchet men who perform that role...
Karan Thapar: Can I interrupt and ask as to how come that pressure didn't apply when Vadra got exposed as that was front page news repeatedly for a long time.
Subramanian Swamy: Well, I can say that there is an explanation for that. You want to hear that explanation?
Karan Thapar: Very quickly, yes.
Subramanian Swamy: Well, I think Mr Vadra is not a very popular man in the Gandhi family... and there is... I know... you'd say I am getting into personal matters, but there is a separation process going on...and there is a division of property which has become very messy...
Karan Thapar: You are being Machiavellian. Are you suggesting that the Gandhis themselves saw it in their interest to allow stories about Vadra to hit the front pages?
Subramanian Swamy : That's right, that's right...That's what I am saying...
- Chennai Vision Beginning Of New Era In India-China Relations: Modi After Meeting Jinping
- All Postpaid Mobile Phone Services To Be Restored In J&K From Monday
- From Lipsticks To Toothpastes To Milk, Counterfeit Products Make A Killing
- Lobster, Chicken & Mutton...: Here's What Xi Jinping Was Served In Dinner
- Live - India v SA, 2nd Test: Umesh, Jadeja Strike, Proteas Stare At Follow-on
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- China's Support Helps Imran Khan Strut Back To Pakistan
- Pakistan Must End Support To Taliban, Other Terror Groups: Top US Senator
- At Informal Summit, Modi, Jinping Resolve To Fight Radicalisation, Terrorism
- World Women's Boxing Championships: Mary Kom Signs Off With Bronze Medal
- Use Of Religion As Commodity, A La Baba Ramdev, Is Gross Misuse
- Soul Of Cricket Reforms Has Become Impure: RM Lodha
- Portrait Of A Cyanide Killer: How Kerala's Jolly Killed 6 Of A Family Meal By Meal
- IND Vs SA: Kohli, Saha Compete For Best Catch Of The Match - WATCH