From 'Orator' To 'Liar', Irani Has Come A Long Way In 24 Hrs
Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani's impassioned speech on Rohith Vemula and the JNU Row in the parliament took the country by storm. High on rhetoric, Irani's 'rousing' speech made headlines in all major media outlets, not to mention the furore it caused on social media.
And while Irani was being hailed for her oratory skills, her speech was shared by none other than the other very skilled orator that the BJP has produced, the prime minister himself.
Narendra Modi tweeted a youtube link to Irani's speech saying 'Satyamev Jayate'. It has been retweeted over 17,000 times and liked over 23,000 times.
Unfortunately, Irani's stature as star-orator didn't last for very long. Rohith Vemula's family came out saying that the claims made by the minister in parliament about the research scholar's death were "absolute lies".
Vemula's mother said: "Smriti Irani, this is not a serial, this is real life. Bring out the facts, don't fabricate them."
Well, it didn't take very long for the headlines to change either.
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Live, Windies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2, North Sound, Antigua
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP