From 'Orator' To 'Liar', Irani Has Come A Long Way In 24 Hrs
Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani's impassioned speech on Rohith Vemula and the JNU Row in the parliament took the country by storm. High on rhetoric, Irani's 'rousing' speech made headlines in all major media outlets, not to mention the furore it caused on social media.
And while Irani was being hailed for her oratory skills, her speech was shared by none other than the other very skilled orator that the BJP has produced, the prime minister himself.
Narendra Modi tweeted a youtube link to Irani's speech saying 'Satyamev Jayate'. It has been retweeted over 17,000 times and liked over 23,000 times.
Unfortunately, Irani's stature as star-orator didn't last for very long. Rohith Vemula's family came out saying that the claims made by the minister in parliament about the research scholar's death were "absolute lies".
Vemula's mother said: "Smriti Irani, this is not a serial, this is real life. Bring out the facts, don't fabricate them."
Well, it didn't take very long for the headlines to change either.
- PM Modi, Xi Jinping Visit Ancient Sites, Attend Cultural Show During Informal Summit
- China's Support Helps Imran Khan Strut Back To Pakistan
- Can't Just Damn GST, It's Law Now: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Soul Of Cricket Reforms Has Become Impure: RM Lodha
- India v South Africa, Pune Test: Kohli, Bowlers Leave SA In Tatters
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- PM Modi Plays The Warm Tamil Host To Chinese President Xi Jinping
- Govt's Advt In J&K Newspapers Asks People To Resume Normal Life
- Kohli 1st Indian To Score 7 Double Tons
- A 'Clerical Error' Leading To Musical Chairs In Congress' North-East Units
- Use Of Religion As Commodity, A La Baba Ramdev, Is Gross Misuse
- Postpaid Mobile Service Likely To Resume In Kashmir From Saturday
- Portrait Of A Cyanide Killer: How Kerala's Jolly Killed 6 Of A Family Meal By Meal
- Indian Premier League: Anil Kumble Named Head Coach Of Kings XI Punjab