Five New Things We've Learnt About Sundar Pichai
Buzzfeed published a rather long and equally delightful profile of Google's Indian-born CEO Sundar Pichai. Sprinkled with anecdotes about his life and from his childhood in India, the piece talks of Pichai's visit to the country earlier this year when he spoke to students at Delhi University and met the President, Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The piece which talks of Pichai's style of working and the factors that make him tick in the Silicon Valley reveal some fascinating factoids about him. See if you already knew these:
- Pichai can still move about incognito despite being in the same league as the likes of Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, Apple’s Tim Cook, and Amazon’s Jeff Bezos. Were Cook or Zuck to stride across a Consumer Electronics Show floor, they would be mobbed. Pichai is not at that point yet.
- Pichai launched Google Cardboard without even seeing the final version of it. Talk about leap of faith.
- Speaking of leaps, Pichai once climbed on the top of his house in Chennai and jumped from rooftop to rooftop (just like in the movies) to escape a bunch of barking dogs.
- Pichai was almost delirious with joy when recently Einstein's long-held theory about gravitational waves was proven.
- There is a miniature indoor soccer pitch just inside the front door at his home in San Jose made from colored tape for his 9 year old son and him to play together.
Read Sundar Pichai's full profile on Buzzfeed
- Pall Of Gloom Envelopes Congress HQ; Disbelief And Cautious Optimism Among Leaders
- Of Same-Sex Relationships And Social Mindsets: Why India Needs More Dutee Chands
- TDP Chief Naidu, Mamata Discuss Formation Of Non-BJP Govt With Congress Support
- After Exit Polls, Mayawati Meets Akhilesh, But No Meeting With Congress
- TMC Office Wears Deserted Look Day After Exit Polls Paint Bengal Saffron
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- BJP Wants Kamal Nath Govt To Prove Majority, Writes To Governor
- Buoyed By Exit Polls, BJP Workers Gear Up For Celebrations On May 23
- Exit Polls Not Final Results, But Indicate BJP Will Come To Power: Nitin Gadkari
- After Game Of Thrones Finale, Here's What Delhi Metro Tells Commuters
- Vivek Oberoi's Exit Poll Meme Involves Aishwarya, Salman And Abhishek; Sparks Row
- Will Observe Maun Vrat To Atone For Hurtful Remarks, Says Pragya Singh Thakur
- Though Exit Polls Are Favourable, DMK's Stalin Says Will Wait For May 23
- Delhi Lok Sabha Poll Results May Get Delayed By 5-6 Hours: CEO