Exit Polls Summary: NDA-249 to 289, UPA: 97 to 148
The BJP-led NDA is projected to form the government at the Centre with exit polls tonight giving between 249 and 289 seats to the Narendra Modi-led grouping, which is close to the half-way mark in the 543-member Lok Sabha.
The ruling Congress-led UPA was tipped to get between 97 and 148 seats while 'others', including regional parties and Left, were projected to get between 146 and 165 seats, according to the polls shown on TV channels at the end of the ninth and last phase of Lok Sabha polls today.
One of the polls, conducted by Today's Chanakya for News24 channel, even projected 340 seats for NDA, 70 for UPA and 133 for others.
The poll on Times Now, conducted by ORG, predicted that NDA would get 249 seats while UPA would bag 148 seats and 'others' 146 seats.
A poll conducted by CSDS for CNN-IBN gave NDA between 270 and 282 while UPA was projected to get between 92 and 102.
BJP alone was projected to get between 230 and 242 while Congress was projected to get between 72 and 82 by the same poll.
A poll conducted by ITG-Cicero for Headlines Today projected that NDA would get 272 (plus-minus 11), UPA would get 115 (plus-minus 5) and 'others' 156.
C-Voter survey on India TV gave NDA 289 seats and 101 for UPA and 153 for others.
In the NDA, 249 seats were projected for BJP and 40 for its allies. In UPA, 78 seats were projected for Cong and 23 for its allies.
ABP News-Nielson poll projected a clear majority for NDA with 281 seats while UPA was projected to get 97. 'Others' were projected to bag 165 seats.
Congress appears to be getting some good news from the South, particularly Kerala, Karnataka and Telangana.
Out of 20 seats in Kerala, the Congress-led UDF was projected to get between 11 and 14 while in Karnataka, the Congress is projected to get nearly half of the 28 seats.
In Tamil Nadu, AIADMK is projected to do well, with one survey giving it even up to 31 out 39 seats.
The ruling Trinamool Congress is also said to be doing well in West Bengal with projections saying that it could get upto 31 out of 42 seats.
Various polls said BJP is putting up an impressive performance in battle state of Uttar Pradesh where the party has been projected to get over 50 of the 80 seats.
ORG gave BJP 52 seats in UP and 10 to Congress. Today's Chanakya gave 70 seats to BJP, while CSDS predicted 45-53 seats for it and C-Voter gave 54 seats in the biggest state.
In the other crucial state of Bihar too, the BJP is projected to do well with one channel giving as high as 28 out of 40 seats.
In Delhi where seven states are at stake, an almost clean sweep was predicted by all the polls for BJP. Some surveys have given one or two seats for Aam Aadmi Party.
Maharashtra, which has 48 seats, is projected to give over 30 seats to BJP and Shiv Sena.
BJP was predicted to sweep party-ruled states of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan.
In Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, BJP was projected to give more than 35 seats to ruling BJP out of 40 in the two states. Rajasthan was projected to give almost all the 25 seats.
- 'Worse Than Expected': RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das On 5% GDP Growth
- On Amit Shah's Hindi Push, Karnataka CM Yediyurappa Says He 'Won't Compromise'
- Farooq Abdullah Slapped With PSA, An Act Introduced By His Father 42 Years Ago
- NIA Unearths Deadly Jaish Plot: After Pulwama, Major Indian Cities Were Next 'Fidayeen' Targets
- Saudi Aramco Assures India Of No Oil Supply Shortage, Says Govt
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- 'No Shah, Sultan Or Samrat Should...': Kamal Haasan Jabs Amit Shah On Hindi Push
- To Support Or Oppose Amit Shah's Hindi Push? Bengal BJP In A Fix
- How Many Tuned Into Watch IND-PAK WC Match? These Numbers Will Stun You
- 'My Father Was Killed': Woman Shaves Her Head Every Morning To Seek Justice
- Guardian’s List Of Top 100 Movies Pricks Bollywood’s Content-Rich Era Bubble
- Case Against Two Vets For Death Of Pet Dog At Telangana CM's Residence
- In Snow-Clad Ladakh, Khenrab Phutsog Works To Save The Elusive Snow Leopard
- In Stern Message, Ravi Shastri Warns Rishabh Pant Not To Play Rash Shots Again