Does The UPA Have The Numbers?
|Others (AIMIM + Kerala Cong + VCK + SDF+AIUDF + NPF + BPF + BVA)||8|
Which shows why the UPA would be so dependent on the other Ms, viz Mulayam Singh Yadav's SP and Mayawati's BSP if Mamata Banerjee sees through her threat on Friday.
|Samajwadi Party (SP)||22|
|Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)||21|
|Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD)||4|
|Janata Dal (Secular) (JDS)||3|
To prove its majority, the half-way mark in the 543 member Lok Sabha is 272
Despite the severity of her tone, since Mamata Banerjee has named Friday when her ministers would resign. Do you think there is any chance of a settlement with UPA — particularly given the broad hints she dropped about being forced to take this decision — so that she would not eventually withdraw her support? Or do you think the UPA is happy to see the back of her and would rather do business with Mayawati and/or Mulayam? The shape of thiggs to come is clear from the voices already emanating from the DMK, SP and much would now depend upon the BSP, as even Mayawati's party has demanded rollback of the recent decisions on FDI and diesel price hike.
Take this Facebook poll.
- 'Defeated, Corrupt Politicians Opposing Electoral Bonds': BJP Hits Back At Opposition
- 'Sanskrit Can't Be Shackled': Students, Teachers Support Muslim Professor's Appointment
- JNU VC Deserves Compliment -- For Passionate Zeal To Destroy Varsity
- 'Stalled Ram Temple, J&K Issue': Shah's Attacks Cong Ahead Of J'khand Polls
- 'Complete Unanimity' Between Cong-NCP, Discussion With Sena On Friday
- Given Opportunity, BSNL Can Emerge As Top Telecom Company From Turmoil
- One Hundred Days Of Solitude In Kashmir’s News World
- How T. N. Seshan's Poll Clean-up Operation Actually Helped Lalu Yadav In Bihar
- Domestic Violence Can Be Isolated, Repetitive Or Even Span Generations
- Bollywood’s Double Whammy For Bald People Is Regressive, Not Cool
- When Asked To Bend, We Turned To Kafka, George Orwell
- 'Head Smashed, Legs Broken': Sena Leader Warns Those Who Try To Poach Party MLAs
- Quid Pro Quo Did Take Place: US Envoy To Trump's Impeachment Inquiry
- Air Quality Dips To 'Severe' In Several Parts Of Delhi, Haze Returns
- Government Bails Out Telecom Sector But Several Challenges Remain
- 'Big Scam': Congress Stages Walkout In Lok Sabha Over Electoral Bonds
- Day-Night Test PREVIEW: Kohli's IND Clear Favourites Against Struggling BAN
- Who's In, Who's Out: Indian Squads For West Indies Series Announced
- Shooting WC Finals: India's Golden Trio Claim Top Honours In China