Daily Curator: Why Is Kairana Trending On Twitter?
It is the day that Charles Manson went to trial 46 years ago, and this blog begins with a warning. This is going to be political, bloody political. Well, here it goes:
1. If you saw #Kairana trending on Twitter, it wasn’t about an e-commerce portal set to revolutionise local grocery shopping. BJP MP Hukum Singh has backtracked from his earlier statement that Hindus were leaving the city due to communal tensions. It seems the ‘migrations’ are due to threats by goons now. Pah, no bother then!
2. Meanwhile, the kind body that calls itself the CBI has given a clean chit to Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan by saying that the scam did not have evidence of a ‘political conspiracy’ or an ‘organised syndicate’. Everyone needs to send a sorry card by Archies to Mr Chouhan now. Book here.
3. Not to be undone by the BJP, the AAP found itself in the news everywhere. Find them taking on PM Modi here. Find them taking on the might of one of the Ambanis here. Finally, find them taking on a guy from Goa here.
4. If you were off Twitter yesterday, do not worry. Newspapers this morning have write-ups on Union Ministers Sushma Swaraj and Smriti Irani’s social media exploits. While Swaraj did not offer help to a guy who wanted his refrigerator fixed, Irani does not like to be called ‘Dear’. Mind it.
5. Remember the Netaji cult from Mathura who grabbed eyeballs last week? Twenty seven children of members of the Subhash Sena between the ages of six and sixteen are missing, according to the cult’s women members.
And finally, keeping with the politico-go-go theme, the BJP’s Varun Gandhi has certainly irked some people by skipping a meet organized by supremo Amit Shah in UP yesterday. How could they be pissed after such an emo-piece in the TOI about the leader found its way into the newspaper yesterday.
- Article 370 - Opposition Parties Play Ball; Is It A Marriage Of Convenience Or Bullied Into It?
- Landline Services Partially Restored, Restrictions On People's Movement Eased In Kashmir
- 'Entirely An Internal Matter With No External Ramifications': India After UNSC Meet On J&K
- '...Thirst For Violence': Pakistan's Reaction To Rajnath's 'No First Use' Nuclear Policy Remark
- My Position Ornamental, Lack Of System Hurting Indian Badminton: Pullela Gopichand
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- UAPA A Tool Of Repression, The Amendment Just Makes It Worse
- Arun Jaitley's Condition 'Critical', Amit Shah, Yogi Adityanath Visit AIIMS
- 'Hand Of Friendship': India's UN Envoy's Gesture Towards Pakistani Journalists Draws Friendly Laughs -- Video
- Soldier Killed In Pak Firing Along LoC In Jammu And Kashmir's Rajouri
- 'I Welcome The UNSC Meet On J&K,' Says Pakistan PM Imran Khan
- Live, SL v NZ, 1st Test, Day 4: Sri Lanka Start Well In Pursuit Of 268
- 'Enough Is Enough': Priyanka Gandhi's Fresh Salvo On BJP After Kuldeep Senger's Poster With PM Modi
- Lucknow's Famous 'Hazratganj Chauraha' Is Now 'Atal Chowk'
- Morgan Could Step Down As England Captain