Daily Curator: Why Is Kairana Trending On Twitter?
It is the day that Charles Manson went to trial 46 years ago, and this blog begins with a warning. This is going to be political, bloody political. Well, here it goes:
1. If you saw #Kairana trending on Twitter, it wasn’t about an e-commerce portal set to revolutionise local grocery shopping. BJP MP Hukum Singh has backtracked from his earlier statement that Hindus were leaving the city due to communal tensions. It seems the ‘migrations’ are due to threats by goons now. Pah, no bother then!
2. Meanwhile, the kind body that calls itself the CBI has given a clean chit to Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan by saying that the scam did not have evidence of a ‘political conspiracy’ or an ‘organised syndicate’. Everyone needs to send a sorry card by Archies to Mr Chouhan now. Book here.
3. Not to be undone by the BJP, the AAP found itself in the news everywhere. Find them taking on PM Modi here. Find them taking on the might of one of the Ambanis here. Finally, find them taking on a guy from Goa here.
4. If you were off Twitter yesterday, do not worry. Newspapers this morning have write-ups on Union Ministers Sushma Swaraj and Smriti Irani’s social media exploits. While Swaraj did not offer help to a guy who wanted his refrigerator fixed, Irani does not like to be called ‘Dear’. Mind it.
5. Remember the Netaji cult from Mathura who grabbed eyeballs last week? Twenty seven children of members of the Subhash Sena between the ages of six and sixteen are missing, according to the cult’s women members.
And finally, keeping with the politico-go-go theme, the BJP’s Varun Gandhi has certainly irked some people by skipping a meet organized by supremo Amit Shah in UP yesterday. How could they be pissed after such an emo-piece in the TOI about the leader found its way into the newspaper yesterday.
- PM Modi, Xi Jinping Take Stroll, Attend Cultural Performances In Mamallapuram
- Incarcerated Omar Abdullah Meets His Sons After 68 Days
- China's Support Helps Imran Khan Strut Back To Pakistan
- Soul Of Cricket Reforms Has Become Impure: RM Lodha
- India v South Africa, Pune Test: Kohli, Bowlers Leave SA In Tatters
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- Nobel Peace Prize 2019 Awarded To Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed Ali
- Govt's Advt In J&K Newspapers Asks People To Resume Normal Life
- Kohli 1st Indian To Score 7 Double Tons
- A 'Clerical Error' Leading To Musical Chairs In Congress' North-East Units
- Use Of Religion As Commodity, A La Baba Ramdev, Is Gross Misuse
- Postpaid Mobile Service Likely To Resume In Kashmir From Saturday
- Portrait Of A Cyanide Killer: How Kerala's Jolly Killed 6 Of A Family Meal By Meal
- Indian Premier League: Anil Kumble Named Head Coach Of Kings XI Punjab