Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
Good morning. Another day begins with the Samajwadi Party family feud and the Tata not-so-family feud which has resulted in Cyrus Mistry getting on the front and business pages of most of the papers. And for the former, reports claim that the party may be losing its traditional Muslim voter-base in light of the ongoing soap opera.
In a directive that puts Google and Youtube in a fix, the Madras HC has asked the parent-child duo to disclose details of a user titled 'Marupakkam Seithigal' for posting content described as defamatory by petitioner, the Lebara Foundation.
Meanwhile, caught in another cross-fire again are residents from Jammu. The ceasefire violations have forced 12,000 villages to shift base. And although refugee camps do exist, only 250-300 people are said to have taken moved in. Time has been unkind to schools in the state too with the TOI calling it a‘Taliban-type offensive’. Seventeen government schools and three private ones are said to have been wrecked in the past three months.
Women and child development minister Maneka Gandhi has written to the DoNER minister Jitendra Singh, asking for a curb on the “illegal and cruel” consumption of dog-meat in Nagaland and Mizoram.
Interestingly, with virtual reality and its cousin augmented reality challenging traditional entertainment spaces, the CEO of Netflix has said that the future brings a hallucinogenic pill. Its simple: One pill to send you into The Matrix, and another to get you back out.
Finally, reports mention that a drunk man called with a death-threat for Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal. The same day has reports also mentioning that a maximum fine of Rs 10,000 will be levied if you are caught drinking in public in the capital and an arrest may also happen in case of public nuisance. Coincidence? Conspiracy?
- Union Minister M J Akbar Resigns Over #MeToo Allegations, Says Will Challenge 'False Accusations'
- Protests Near Sabarimala Temple Turn Violent, Devotees Attack Women Journalists
- Hyatt Gun Row: Ashish Pandey Threatened To Kill Me, Victim Tells Police
- PNB Scam: ED Attaches Assets Worth Rs 218 Crore Of Mehul Choksi, Other Accused
- Sabarimala: Restrictions On Women A 'Recent Phenomenon'
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- BJP Is Unlikely To Flaunt Its Economic Record In 2019 Election Campaign
- Stinking Toilets In Trains: Blame It On Passengers
- 'Dawshobhuja A Durgachitra' On This Durga Puja
- 'Will Challenge False Accusations Levied Against Me': Full Text Of MJ Akbar's Resignation
- As Devotees Take To Streets, Sabarimala Protests Unite Congress, BJP In Kerala
- Security Tightened In Surat After Bihar Migrant Labourer Named In Minor Girl's Rape, Murder
- Asian Champions Trophy: India Open Title Defence With Oman Clash
- Meet Reshma Nishanth Who Wants To Become One Of The First Women To Enter Sabarimala
- #MeToo | Vinta Nanda Files Police Complaint Against Alok Nath
- Pakistan Executes Rapist Of 7-Year-Old In Presence Of Victim's Father
- In Pics: PM Narendra Modi Meets Asian Para Games 2018 Medallists