Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
Good morning. The hype and hope surrounding our country’s medal prospects at the Rio Olympics seems to be dying a slow death. The new sports minister Vijay Goel is making news however, with the organisers at the Games threatening to cancel Goel’s accreditation after members of his entourage were likened to ‘bullies’.
The state of Uttar Pradesh will be generating headlines in the near future with polls coming up and preparations of different genres are on. A total of six MLAs, three from the Congress, two from the BSP and one from the SP joined the BJP. And with the BSP trying to corner the BJP for the atrocities against Dalits, the SP informed the Supreme Court on Thursday that the police were speeding up the probe into the alleged corruption while constructing the Dailt memorials during Mayawati’s tenure.
Fearing the threat of honour-killing, the CIC has suggested to the Centre and the states that couples getting married in court should mentions fears to their life and liberty in a declaration.
The newly appointed HRD minister Prakash Javadekar has agreed with the PMO where the earlier minister disagreed, and has agreed to give up the government’s role in appointing the chairman of the board of Governors at IIMs.
In other news, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will be questioned by the Swedish authorities in the Ecuadorian embassy in London in connection with the rape case against him. A date for the questioning has not been reportedly set yet.
And finally, Ariana Huffington, a co-founder and the editor-in-chief of the website The Huffington post has announced her resignation. She is said to be leaving the company in the coming weeks to concentrate on a health and wellness start-up.
- Government Bans E-Cigarettes Citing Health Risks
- 'PM Modi Showed Pakistan Its Place': Amit Shah On Abrogation Of Article 370
- ‘No Country Sends Its People To Gas Chambers To Die’: SC Raps Centre On Manual Scavenging
- What A Waste, Bengal
- Amid Internet Shutdown, Separatist Leader's Email To Journalists Raises Eyebrows
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- ‘No Language Can Be Imposed’: Rajinikanth On Amit Shah’s Hindi Remark
- R.I.P. Shyam. Nobody Could Send Shivers Down The Spine The Way Ramsay Brothers Did
- Ayodhya Hearing: SC Sets October 18 Deadline, Allows Mediation
- Kashmiri Politicians Will Be Released In 'Less Than 18 Months': MoS Jitendra Singh
- Mamata Banerjee Runs Into PM Modi's Wife At Kolkata Airport, Gifts Her 'Sari'
- PV Sindhu Whips Li Xuerui, Sania Nehwal Out Of China Open Badminton
- Two Orders And 'Please', But Yashwant Sinha Refused To Budge At Srinagar Airport
- ECB Backs Stokes In Family Tragedy Story Row