Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
Good morning. The headlines and politicking from yesterday are dominated by how Congress VP Rahul Gandhi and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal could not quite meet the family of Ram Kishan Grewal, the 70-year-old ex-serviceman who committed suicide on Tuesday over the OROP.
Twenty seven schools have been razed in the four-month-long unrest that has plagued Jammu and Kashmir and Art of Living’s Sri Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has said that he would like to rebuild them. Staying on the topic of misunderstood men, the Karnataka HC has declared that former Mysuru ruler Tipu Sultan was no freedom fighter and given the state government a minor headache ahead of planned ‘Tipu Jayanti’ celebrations.
Moving on, but not quite really, as a new facet is unearthed daily in the Bhopal encounter. Eight more SIMI men will be thanking their lucky stars in prison as a report quotes a preliminary police probe which says that they had failed to escape along with the eight who perished. A report has also quoted NCRB data, saying that the percentage of Muslims in jails is higher than their overall percentage in the population. Meanwhile, the border areas around Andhra Pradesh and Odisha will be on high-alert after a bandh called by Maoists protesting against an encounter which killed 24 of them last week.
In blasts-from-the-past, the brother of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, Rubabuddin has been hospitalized after being assaulted by a man from the VHP whom he had gone to meet on Diwali. And fourteen years after the riots, curfew has been imposed in Khambhat in Gujarat after three people were arrested following the flaring up of communal tensions over an incident of eve-teasing.
Finally, 60-year-old Gurdev Kaur, who had been honored by PM Modi for her contribution towards the charkha is still waiting for her reward as we wait and slowly inch towards the weekend.
- LIVE Updates: Rajnath Singh Pays Tribute To Soldiers Killed In Pulwama Terror Attack
- 'Ready To Sacrifice My Other Son For India, But Pakistan Must Pay,' Says Father Of Slain CRPF Jawan
- Those Behind Pulwama Will Have To Pay, Security Forces Given Complete Freedom: PM Modi
- What Is Jaish-e-Mohammad, Why India Calls For Global Ban On Masood Azhar
- Light A Candle, Pay Tribute To CRPF Bravehearts
- China’s Growing Influence In Nepal Vs India’s Soft Power
- Will 'Operation Lotus' Boomerang On BJP In Karnataka?
- Faulted By Design: Cow Slaughter In India And Bank Interest In Pakistan
- A Race To Grab Spotlight This Election Season
- Zero's Failure Should Not Dissuade Shahrukh Khan From Trying New Roles
- The Big 'Little Brother' Of Tamil Nadu
- Pulwama Terror Attack: Entire Opp Stands With Security Forces, Govt, Says Rahul Gandhi
- China Condemns Pulwama Attack, But Declines To Back India On Azhar Ban
- Pulwama Terror Attack: India Withdraws Most Favoured Nation Status To Pakistan
- Perpetrators Must Be Punished, But Can Entire Nation Be Blamed For Handful Of People: Sidhu
- India Summons Pakistan Envoy, Lodges Protest Over Pulwama Attack
- ‘Our Struggle Will Go To Delhi And Gujarat’: 21-Year-Old Jaish Terrorist Behind Pulwama Terror Attack
- Pulwama Terror Attack: Slammed For 'Ill-Timed' Tweet, Kohli Deletes Post
- US Calls On Pak To End 'Support', 'Safe Haven' To All Terrorist Groups Immediately