Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
Good morning. The headlines and politicking from yesterday are dominated by how Congress VP Rahul Gandhi and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal could not quite meet the family of Ram Kishan Grewal, the 70-year-old ex-serviceman who committed suicide on Tuesday over the OROP.
Twenty seven schools have been razed in the four-month-long unrest that has plagued Jammu and Kashmir and Art of Living’s Sri Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has said that he would like to rebuild them. Staying on the topic of misunderstood men, the Karnataka HC has declared that former Mysuru ruler Tipu Sultan was no freedom fighter and given the state government a minor headache ahead of planned ‘Tipu Jayanti’ celebrations.
Moving on, but not quite really, as a new facet is unearthed daily in the Bhopal encounter. Eight more SIMI men will be thanking their lucky stars in prison as a report quotes a preliminary police probe which says that they had failed to escape along with the eight who perished. A report has also quoted NCRB data, saying that the percentage of Muslims in jails is higher than their overall percentage in the population. Meanwhile, the border areas around Andhra Pradesh and Odisha will be on high-alert after a bandh called by Maoists protesting against an encounter which killed 24 of them last week.
In blasts-from-the-past, the brother of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, Rubabuddin has been hospitalized after being assaulted by a man from the VHP whom he had gone to meet on Diwali. And fourteen years after the riots, curfew has been imposed in Khambhat in Gujarat after three people were arrested following the flaring up of communal tensions over an incident of eve-teasing.
Finally, 60-year-old Gurdev Kaur, who had been honored by PM Modi for her contribution towards the charkha is still waiting for her reward as we wait and slowly inch towards the weekend.
- The Websters: How Web Series Are Changing Dictionary of Stardom
- From Wuhan Spirit To Chennai Connect, Sino-Indian Ties Gather Momentum After Modi-Xi Meet
- Pakistan Gets 4 Months To Act Against Terror Funding, Escapes FATF 'Black List'
- Chidambaram 'Influenced, Intimitaded' Key Witness In INX Media Case: CBI To SC
- PMC Bank Scam: HDIL Promoters Wadhawans Get ED Custody Till Oct 22
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- Controversial Ex-Hindu Mahasabha Leader Kamlesh Tiwari Shot Dead
- Fourth PMC Tragedy: 83-Year-Old Heart Patient Depositor Dies
- 2 NASA Astronauts Create 'HerStory' By Becoming Part Of 1st All-Female Spacewalk
- Over 300 Indians Deported From Mexico, Land In Delhi Today
- Sarfaraz Ahmed Removed As Pakistan Captain Across All Three Formats
- PM Modi Has Destroyed India's Economy: Rahul In Haryana
- Muslim Parties Refute Reports Of Sunni Waqf Board Withdrawing Ayodhya Case
- Stolen, Not Lost: Aggrieved Depositors Endorse Harsha Bhogle's Call