Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
Good morning. Post-Diwali discussions have been dominated by pollution in the capital, the upcoming lack of noise-pollution in Times Now’s studios and of course, the Bhopal encounter. Your milkman and dhobi have probably figured out that this encounter has holes and a report mentions that the site for the killings has become some sort of a tourist attraction with the locals taking selfies.
Also, Former Madhya Pradesh IG (Prisons), G K Agarwal says he had written a letter months after the Khandwa escape in 2013 where he bemoaned vulnerabilities in the prisons and foretold that god could only help so much. And MP’s Home Minister says the escape would not have been possible without insider help. Really now?
Moving on, the Supreme Court has probably noticed the all-round fuss surrounding educational qualifications of politicians and has said that voters have a right to know that about their candidates and any mischief could lead to rejection of nomination papers. Also, school associations have rebuffed the authority of the CBSE and asked if it had any right to ask for information pertaining to salary and working conditions of teachers.
Meanwhile, Congress’ election strategist Prashant Kishor met SP supremo Mulayam Singh at Amar Singh’s residence last evening, fuelling speculation of a ‘maha-gathbandhan’ against the BJP in UP. And remember the woman who flung a brick at a Delhi Cop in that viral video? She finally has an FIR against her after over a year.
Kids can finally question why their mothers stuff that black mixture down throats now as scientists in Jammu look for the eight original ingredients for Chyawanprash. The herbs are believed to be rare and going extinct. Finally, a hospital in Japan has blamed the patient after her fart triggered a fire during a surgery and left her with serious burns. Do not laugh.
- Counterfeit Drugs Market Leaves Regulators In Spin
- 'Youth Ask For Jobs, BJP Shows Them Moon': Rahul Gandhi Takes A Dig At PM Modi
- 'If They Have Guts': PM Modi Dares Opposition To Bring Back Article 370
- How Ray Kurzweil Predicted Biggest Feats In Technology Decades Ago
- Pune Test: Dominant India Humble South Africa, Clinch Series
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- Bangladesh, Nepal Projected To Grow Faster Than India In 2019: World Bank
- Pope Francis Elevates Kerala-Born Nun Mariam Thresia To Sainthood
- Would Have Eliminated Terror Camps In Balakot Sitting In India, If...: Rajnath
- In BJP's Haryana Manifesto, Collateral Free Loan To SCs, Interest-Free Loans To Farmers
- 'Twisted Out Of Context': Ravi Shankar Retracts '3 Films Made 120 Cr' Comment
- IND's Biggest Win Over SA & Record For Most Successive Home Series Victories
- For 3rd Time, Wrong Information ‘Kills’ Ex-India Test All-Rounder Abid Ali
- WATCH: Flying Saha Proves Why He Is World's Best Wicketkeeper