Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
Good morning. Post-Diwali discussions have been dominated by pollution in the capital, the upcoming lack of noise-pollution in Times Now’s studios and of course, the Bhopal encounter. Your milkman and dhobi have probably figured out that this encounter has holes and a report mentions that the site for the killings has become some sort of a tourist attraction with the locals taking selfies.
Also, Former Madhya Pradesh IG (Prisons), G K Agarwal says he had written a letter months after the Khandwa escape in 2013 where he bemoaned vulnerabilities in the prisons and foretold that god could only help so much. And MP’s Home Minister says the escape would not have been possible without insider help. Really now?
Moving on, the Supreme Court has probably noticed the all-round fuss surrounding educational qualifications of politicians and has said that voters have a right to know that about their candidates and any mischief could lead to rejection of nomination papers. Also, school associations have rebuffed the authority of the CBSE and asked if it had any right to ask for information pertaining to salary and working conditions of teachers.
Meanwhile, Congress’ election strategist Prashant Kishor met SP supremo Mulayam Singh at Amar Singh’s residence last evening, fuelling speculation of a ‘maha-gathbandhan’ against the BJP in UP. And remember the woman who flung a brick at a Delhi Cop in that viral video? She finally has an FIR against her after over a year.
Kids can finally question why their mothers stuff that black mixture down throats now as scientists in Jammu look for the eight original ingredients for Chyawanprash. The herbs are believed to be rare and going extinct. Finally, a hospital in Japan has blamed the patient after her fart triggered a fire during a surgery and left her with serious burns. Do not laugh.
- The Man Who Killed Phoolan Devi, Borehole 'Prince', A Miracle Cop And This Man ‘Murdered’ For Love... 12 Forgotten Newsmakers
- Karnataka Trust Vote | How Long Will You Sit In Power, I Am Here To See: Kumaraswamy Tells BJP
- Priyanka Gandhi Detained On Her Way To Visit Families Of 10 Killed In Sonbhadra Clash
- ‘India Can’t Be Refugee Capital Of World’: Centre Asks SC To Extend Assam NRC List Deadline
- Babri Masjid Demolition Case: SC Asks Special Judge To Deliver Verdict Within 9 Months
- In Choosing New President, Congress Has Opportunity To Change Two Crucial Things About Party Politics
- Kashmir Press Club Polls: For Dignity Of 'Unbuttoned Shirts' And Space to Exchange Ideas
- Kangana Ranaut Needs To Learn From Big B, Salman Khan On Spat With Media
- India Lacks Innovation. If You Don't Believe It, Just Look At Who Dominates Our Smartphone Market
- Cricket Intolerance Is The New Alarming Phenomenon In India
- Let Not 'Jai Shri Ram' Be Misused As 'Allahu Akbar'
- World Bank Drops Naidu's Ambitious Amaravati Project; Pulls Out $300 Million
- Analysis| Is Hafiz Saeed's Arrest By Pakistan Mere Cosmetic Move Or There Is More To It?
- Not Delaying Trust Vote, I Don't Have To Be Partisan: Karnataka Speaker
- Dhoni Not No.1 Choice For India? Let Selectors Tell Him That, Says Sehwag
- Kumaraswamy Will Make His Farewell Speech Today, We Will Patiently Hear It: B S Yeddyurappa
- Foundation Laid By Previous Govts Will Make India A $5 Trillion Economy: Pranab Mukherjee
- Five Officials Suspended, 29 Accused Arrested In Sonbhadra Clash
- ICC Suspends Zimbabwe From International Cricket