Daily Curator: Murthal Rapes Did Happen
Good morning. Well, keeping track of the number of fronts that the AAP and the BJP have been going at it has gotten a bit tedious and mildly irritating, honestly. So, here’s the rest of it:
- We did mention yesterday that the cabinet shuffle is something the PM wants out of the way before his next trip. The DC and the IE agree that the government is going into appeasement mode ahead of polls in several states with caste being the major factor. Also, 19 of the expected inductees in this expansion are from 10 different states.
- We didn’t say though that the Congress is out of bounds. Well, with the number of reports floating around in the papers, it seems that Priyanka Gandhi Vadra will be its ‘star campaigner’ during the upcoming UP polls. Or, this could all be the great Indian rope trick, as the Times of Oman disagrees.
- Speaking of ropes, P.Chidambaram’s son Karti seems to be running out of some. DNA reports that the ED has summoned the son in connection with charges of money laundering in the Aircel-Maxis scam.
- One of the AAP’s pet projects, the odd-even scheme is in the news or different reasons. One report mentions that while DTC buses did well during the scheme, the CPCB has come out and said that it did not impact pollution much.
- And in another blast from the murky past, the Punjab and Haryana High Court asserted on Monday that gang-rapes did happen in Murthal during the Jat Quota agitations.
- Finally, as some parts of the country rejoice the rains, Uttarakhand and Assam are dealing with flood. While 150 villages in the former are still reportedly out of power, over 80,000 people in four districts from the latter are said to have been affected.
In other news, a 51-year-old tourist fell to his death while taking a selfie atop Machu Picchu in Peru. Scientists now warn of a condition called ‘selfie-elbow’. The condition has siblings like ‘golfers-elbow’ and ‘tennis-elbow’ for company, so you shouldn’t worry. Just junk that front camera.
- At Amit Shah's 'Thanksgiving' Dinner To NDA Allies, PM Modi Says 'People Fought These Lok Sabha Polls'
- EC Must Put All Speculations To Rest: Pranab Mukherjee On EVM Tampering Row
- 22 Opposition Parties Move Election Commission Over Reports Of EVM Tampering
- CWC 2019: Ravi Shastri Hails 'Fantastic' Communication between Virat Kohli And MS Dhoni
- 'Accept Defeat With Grace': BJP Slams Opposition Over EVM Tampering Claims
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- Arunachal Pradesh MLA Tirong Aboh, 10 Others Killed By Suspected Militants In Tirap
- 'Will Even Take Up Arms To Protect Our Vote Against Rigging:' Upendra Kushwaha On EVM Tampering Row
- Dissent In Model Code Violation Cases Will Not Be Made Public, says EC
- Madhya Pradesh Govt May Reopen Murder Case Involving Pragya Singh Thakur
- No Restriction On Civilian Movement On Jammu-Srinagar Highway From May 27
- Karnataka Congress Leader Appeals Muslims To 'Join Hands' With BJP If Need Arises
- Saradha Case: SC Rejects Former Kolkata Top Cop Rajeev Kumar's Plea
- Anil Ambani's Reliance To Withdraw Rs 5,000-Crore Defamation Suit Against Congress Leaders