Daily Curator: Murthal Rapes Did Happen
Good morning. Well, keeping track of the number of fronts that the AAP and the BJP have been going at it has gotten a bit tedious and mildly irritating, honestly. So, here’s the rest of it:
- We did mention yesterday that the cabinet shuffle is something the PM wants out of the way before his next trip. The DC and the IE agree that the government is going into appeasement mode ahead of polls in several states with caste being the major factor. Also, 19 of the expected inductees in this expansion are from 10 different states.
- We didn’t say though that the Congress is out of bounds. Well, with the number of reports floating around in the papers, it seems that Priyanka Gandhi Vadra will be its ‘star campaigner’ during the upcoming UP polls. Or, this could all be the great Indian rope trick, as the Times of Oman disagrees.
- Speaking of ropes, P.Chidambaram’s son Karti seems to be running out of some. DNA reports that the ED has summoned the son in connection with charges of money laundering in the Aircel-Maxis scam.
- One of the AAP’s pet projects, the odd-even scheme is in the news or different reasons. One report mentions that while DTC buses did well during the scheme, the CPCB has come out and said that it did not impact pollution much.
- And in another blast from the murky past, the Punjab and Haryana High Court asserted on Monday that gang-rapes did happen in Murthal during the Jat Quota agitations.
- Finally, as some parts of the country rejoice the rains, Uttarakhand and Assam are dealing with flood. While 150 villages in the former are still reportedly out of power, over 80,000 people in four districts from the latter are said to have been affected.
In other news, a 51-year-old tourist fell to his death while taking a selfie atop Machu Picchu in Peru. Scientists now warn of a condition called ‘selfie-elbow’. The condition has siblings like ‘golfers-elbow’ and ‘tennis-elbow’ for company, so you shouldn’t worry. Just junk that front camera.
- 22 People Killed, Schools Shut As Rains Continue To Pound Himachal Pradesh
- Let's Move Forward, Free PoK From Pakistan, Says Union Minister Jitendra Singh
- Days After Moving Vatican, Expelled Kerala Nun Says 'Not Very Hopeful Of Positive Outcome'
- 190 Primary Schools To Reopen Today In Srinagar; Govt Offices To Be Functional Across Valley
- Death Threat To Indian Cricket Team, Pakistan Alert BCCI After Sensational Email
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat Pitches For 'Harmonious' Conversation On Reservation
- Home Minister Amit Shah Blames 'Appeasement' Politics For Triple Talaq
- 'Talks Will Only Be On PoK': Rajnath Singh's Fresh Attack On Pakistan
- BJP's Shivraj Singh Chouhan Calls Rahul Gandhi 'Deserter' Who 'Abandoned' Congress
- Jofra Archer Has Shaken Up The Ashes: England Captain Joe Root
- Video: Drunk Driver Crashes Car Into Pedestrians In Bengaluru, Several Injured
- MS Dhoni Ends His Two-Week Stint With Territorial Army... What Next?
- 'Crows': Sharad Pawar Lashes Out At Leaders Who Left NCP, Joined Others