Daily Curator: Markandey Katju Is In The Room
Welcome to Monday. The morning headlines are centered on PM Modi’s rebuke to cow vigilantes which gives us an opportunity to plug Outlook’s current cover story. Over in Gujarat, the hurt runs deep and gau-rakshaks have gotten sentimental after being likened to goondasand the VHP unit in the state warns that this could come back to haunt the PM in 2019.
Speaking of plugging, the government plans on having Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and Baba Ramdev to dispel myths that people may have with regard to organ donation.
Meanwhile, the BCCI, who had enlisted the services of former Supreme Court Judge Markandey Katju to help with the Lodha committee recommendations, could have landed in a soup of its making. After Katju called the recommendations illegal, this report mentions that board President Anuraj Thakur and secretary Ajay Shirke could risk losing their positions if the meet-and-greet with the three-member committee does not happen.
This is for those who feel a sense of shame after visiting police stations. The Punjab and Haryana High Court has pooh-poohed your concerns and held that getting called to the thana does not amount to defamation.
The UP government has lodged an FIR against MoS of health and family welfare Anupriya Patel after she led a cavalcade of 200 cars through Lucknow and basically caused massive traffic jams.
And trouble brews for the Congress in Kerala with veteran politician KM Mani walking out on the UDF coalition after three decades of the alliance.
Also, there is this gut-wrenching report of animals like the rhesus monkey being smuggled out of the Pakhal wildlife sanctuary in plastic packets.
- PM Modi Welcomes Chinese President Xi Jinping In Mamallapuram
- Postpaid Mobile Service Likely To Resume In Kashmir From Saturday
- A 'Clerical Error' Leading To Musical Chairs In Congress' Tripura & Other North-East Units
- Soul Of Cricket Reforms Has Become Impure: RM Lodha
- India v South Africa, Pune Test: Kohli, Bowlers Leave SA In Tatters
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- Nobel Peace Prize 2019 Awarded To Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed Ali
- Govt's Advt In J&K Newspapers Asks People To Resume Normal Life
- Kohli 1st Indian To Score 7 Double Tons
- Chinese Flags Burnt In Guwahati As Xi Jinping Arrives In India
- Use Of Religion As Commodity, A La Baba Ramdev, Is Gross Misuse
- 'Shame On Us': Aparna Sen Tweets To 'Madam CM' Over Bengal Murders
- Portrait Of A Cyanide Killer: How Kerala's Jolly Killed 6 Of A Family Meal By Meal
- Indian Premier League: Anil Kumble Named Head Coach Of Kings XI Punjab