Daily Curator: Markandey Katju Is In The Room
Welcome to Monday. The morning headlines are centered on PM Modi’s rebuke to cow vigilantes which gives us an opportunity to plug Outlook’s current cover story. Over in Gujarat, the hurt runs deep and gau-rakshaks have gotten sentimental after being likened to goondasand the VHP unit in the state warns that this could come back to haunt the PM in 2019.
Speaking of plugging, the government plans on having Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and Baba Ramdev to dispel myths that people may have with regard to organ donation.
Meanwhile, the BCCI, who had enlisted the services of former Supreme Court Judge Markandey Katju to help with the Lodha committee recommendations, could have landed in a soup of its making. After Katju called the recommendations illegal, this report mentions that board President Anuraj Thakur and secretary Ajay Shirke could risk losing their positions if the meet-and-greet with the three-member committee does not happen.
This is for those who feel a sense of shame after visiting police stations. The Punjab and Haryana High Court has pooh-poohed your concerns and held that getting called to the thana does not amount to defamation.
The UP government has lodged an FIR against MoS of health and family welfare Anupriya Patel after she led a cavalcade of 200 cars through Lucknow and basically caused massive traffic jams.
And trouble brews for the Congress in Kerala with veteran politician KM Mani walking out on the UDF coalition after three decades of the alliance.
Also, there is this gut-wrenching report of animals like the rhesus monkey being smuggled out of the Pakhal wildlife sanctuary in plastic packets.
- Pakistan Bans Hafiz Saeed's Jamat-ud-Dawa And Its Charity Wing FIF
- India Will Stop Sharing Water With Pakistan, Says Nitin Gadkari
- Employee Provident Fund Rate Hiked To 8.65% For 2018-19
- For UP Alliance, BSP Gets 38 Seats, SP Settles For 37
- After Pulwama Attack, While Country Was Mourning, PM Was Busy Shooting For Film: Congress
- Jaish Attack In Pulwama: Indian Intelligence Suffers Due To Communal Rifts
- China’s Growing Influence In Nepal Vs India’s Soft Power
- Will 'Operation Lotus' Boomerang On BJP In Karnataka?
- Faulted By Design: Cow Slaughter In India And Bank Interest In Pakistan
- A Race To Grab Spotlight This Election Season
- Zero's Failure Should Not Dissuade Shahrukh Khan From Trying New Roles
- Amit Shah Blames Kashmir Problem On Nehru, Says Patel Would've Solved It Had He Been PM
- Farmers' March To Mumbai Continues As Talks With Maharashtra Govt Remain Inconclusive
- JK Govt Approves Reservation For People Living Along International Border
- Omar Slams PM Modi, Congress Over Silence On 'Systematic Targeting of Kashmiris'
- Congress Ropes In Surgical Strike Hero DS Hooda To Head Task Force On National Security
- Supreme Court To Hear PIL Seeking Protection Of Kashmiri Students On Friday
- Former SC Judge D K Jain Appointed As Ombudsman For BCCI, Will Look Into Pandya, Rahul Controversy
- Mulayam Singh Yadav Unhappy Over Mayawati Getting 'Half' Of Seats In SP-BSP Alliance