Daily Curator: Markandey Katju Is In The Room
Welcome to Monday. The morning headlines are centered on PM Modi’s rebuke to cow vigilantes which gives us an opportunity to plug Outlook’s current cover story. Over in Gujarat, the hurt runs deep and gau-rakshaks have gotten sentimental after being likened to goondasand the VHP unit in the state warns that this could come back to haunt the PM in 2019.
Speaking of plugging, the government plans on having Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and Baba Ramdev to dispel myths that people may have with regard to organ donation.
Meanwhile, the BCCI, who had enlisted the services of former Supreme Court Judge Markandey Katju to help with the Lodha committee recommendations, could have landed in a soup of its making. After Katju called the recommendations illegal, this report mentions that board President Anuraj Thakur and secretary Ajay Shirke could risk losing their positions if the meet-and-greet with the three-member committee does not happen.
This is for those who feel a sense of shame after visiting police stations. The Punjab and Haryana High Court has pooh-poohed your concerns and held that getting called to the thana does not amount to defamation.
The UP government has lodged an FIR against MoS of health and family welfare Anupriya Patel after she led a cavalcade of 200 cars through Lucknow and basically caused massive traffic jams.
And trouble brews for the Congress in Kerala with veteran politician KM Mani walking out on the UDF coalition after three decades of the alliance.
Also, there is this gut-wrenching report of animals like the rhesus monkey being smuggled out of the Pakhal wildlife sanctuary in plastic packets.
- Allahabad To Prayagraj: The Politics Of Name Change
- 'After He Has Gone, We Have Only Him To Talk About': Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan's Parents
- Rajasthan Polls: Congress Fields Jaswant Singh’s Son Manvendra Against Vasundhara Raje
- Why Dalits And Elite Castes Are Unhappy With BJP In Gwalior-Morena
- Sabarimala Row: Shutdown In Kerala After Late Night Arrest Of Hindu Woman Leader
- How Calcutta Women Used Humour To Handle Sexual Harassment Before #MeToo
- Why Indian Railways Is Bad At Implementing Big-Ticket Projects
- Tamil Nadu: A State For Statues
- From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- What Makes India Powerful, What Sort Of A Country We Want
- Indian Railways On A Name Changing Spree
- Election Commission Curtails Poll Donation To Rs 10,000
- Odisha Assembly Excuses Abhijit Iyer Mitra For His Derogatory Remarks Against State Legislators
- PM Modi Attends Maldives President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih's Swearing-In
- J&K Panchayat Elections: 64.5% Voting In First Phase
- AP, W. Bengal Ban On CBI: What Does It Mean
- 'Two Leaves' Symbol Case: Delhi Court Frames Charges Against Dhinakaran
- Mehul Choksi May Return To India In 3 Months If Medically Fit: Lawyer
- Abducted By Militants Earlier, Body Of 19-Year-Old Found With His Throat Slit