Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
Good morning. Today, like Karan Johar films, it’s all about the family. The Samajwadi party shenanigans continue in Uttar Pradesh, with Akhilesh’s good chum MLC Udayveer Singh borrowing from the Adhyayan Suman playbook and alleging that his step-mother is using black magic against the CM. Moving down south, in an interview to Tamil magazine Ananda Vikatan, DMK supremo Karunanidhi has anointed son Stalin as his heir with this report mentioning how he has served a forty-year apprenticeship. Long one for one job?
From K3G to Hate Story. A US based lawyer has alleged that his former business partner and arms dealer Abhishek Varma used foreign escorts to lure details of defence deals from BJP MP Varun Gandhi and other ministers. The Sultanpur MP says he’ll quit even if 1% of the claims are true.
Speaking of leaks, PM Modi has apparently asked for no mobile phones to be present during Cabinet meetings in order to avoid sensitive information on policies from filtering out. Meanwhile, also in the mobile vein, the Centre cannot understand what the fuss around radiation is all about and has told the apex court that mobile tower radiation is not possible.
Meanwhile, the RSS-affiliated Shiksha Sanskriti Utthan Nyas (SSUN) has told the HRD ministry that English should not be mandatory in schools and references which insult Indian ‘culture’ should be removed from textbooks. The ministry has said that their suggestions will be moo(t)ed upon during the formulation of the new education policy.
From blasts of the not-so-distant past, the Gujarat HC yesterday upheld the convictions of 17 people and acquitted 14 others of murder charges in the post-Godhra violence at Sardarpura.
Finally, we have forced Bond to apologise. Pierce Brosnan has apologized for his appearance in the now infamous Pan Bahar ad saying that the company had used his image deceptively and without authorization. Hmmm.
- Veganism: Not Just A Different Menu But An Alternative Way Of Relating To Living World
- Karnataka: Congress Packs MLAs In Resort, Alleges Poaching Attempts By BJP
- India Decimate Australia In Both Test And One-Day Cricket To Create History Down Under
- Alliance With BSP, RLD Final; No Seat-Sharing Issues: Akhilesh
- Fast And Furious: The Thing About Virat Kohli’s Bouncers
- Only Thing That Can Ground Naveen Patnaik This Time Is ‘Problem Of Plenty’
- What Will Be The Effect Of Alliances Against BJP Across India
- Two Mega Film Releases Trigger A Wave Of Crazy Fan Behaviour In Tamil Nadu
- Politics And Public Memory In Kashmir
- Sabarimala Issue May Help BJP Grow In Kerala But Social Reform Is Inevitable
- From Bollywood To South India, What Made Kader Khan A Darling Of Film-Makers
- NDA Rafale Deal Achieved Better Price Than Earlier Proposal: Defence Ministry
- RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat Takes A Swipe At NDA Govt Over Soldier Deaths, Delay In Ram Temple
- Hope We Send A Powerful Message Together: Rahul Backs Mamata's Rally
- AAP Says No To Alliance, Will Contest All LS Seats In Punjab, Haryana And Delhi
- Vinesh Phogat Becomes First Indian To Be Nominated For Laureus World Sports Awards
- Happy To Bat At Any Position: MS Dhoni, After Helping India Beat Australia
- Rakesh Asthana Appointed As Director General Of BCAS By Govt
- Son Of BSF Jawan Who Was Dismissed Over Comments On Food, Found Dead In Haryana