Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
Good morning. Today’s headlines have been dominated by PM Modi’s comment on the recent surgical strikes. Over in Bengal, a 21-year-old college student found her Facebook profile on an advertising hoarding after she had posted a one-liner on social media criticizing the CM Mamata Banerjee.
And while we’re on touchy topics, the SC reopened a two-decade old case on Tuesday. A seven member bench of the apex court will decide if politicians can use religion as a poll plank to seek votes.
Meanwhile, JNU has sought the help of the CBI to look into the case of missing student Najeeb Ahmed who disappeared after allegedly having an altercation on campus on Saturday. A political slugfest is said to have broken out on campus with the student’s parents also joining in the continuing protest on campus.
The Delhi Police has also managed to nab serial groom Manish Gupta, the man who duped close to 50 women on matrimonial websites. Posing as a divorcee, Gupta used to even finalize wedding dates before showing a clean pair of heels.
With the SC asking Karnataka to release 2000 cusecs of water to TN daily giving temporary respite to the Cauvery dispute, the Justice Brijesh Kumar Tribunal will today deliver a verdict on the allocations of the water of the Krishna river.
And in a continuing trend, NASA says that last September was the hottest in 136 years and that eleven of the past twelve months dating back to last October have set record temperatures.
In other news, a 47-year-old American man burnt a hole in his food-pipe while trying to eat the world’s hottest chilli, the bhut jolokia. Also, the 92-year-old Nigerian cleric who has married 97 times has just come out and said that he is alive, well and plans on marrying again. 99 problems encore?
- #MeToo | Where’s The Line To Be Drawn When Everyone Has A Different Line?
- One Shot, One Location, One Actor: Bimba Redefines Fast Track Film-Making
- Former BSP MP's Son Brandishes Gun Outside 5-Star Hotel In Delhi, Video Goes Viral
- Chetan Bhagat Hits Back At Ira Trivedi, Says Don't Harm #MeToo With False Charges
- 'AAP Is Kangaal': Kejriwal Launches Nationwide Fund Collection Drive Ahead Of 2019 Polls
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- BJP Is Unlikely To Flaunt Its Economic Record In 2019 Election Campaign
- Stinking Toilets In Trains: Blame It On Passengers
- 'Dawshobhuja A Durgachitra' On This Durga Puja
- Bryan Adams Shares Photo Of Delhi Smog From Concert Venue, Says ‘You Can See My Shadow’
- 'Ready To Fight': Priya Ramani Responds To M J Akbar's Defamation Suit Against Her
- Telecom Companies Seeks More Time From UIDAI To Submit Aadhaar eKYC 'Exit Plan'
- Congress Lashes Out At PM Modi For Resorting To Poll Gimmicks Over Fuel Prices
- Amid Fuel Price Hike, PM Modi Appeals For Partnership With Oil Producers
- Bihar Government Declares 206 Blocks Of 23 Districts As Drought-Hit
- West Bengal Govt Launches 'Khadya Sathi', Extends Food Security To 8.5 Crore People: Mamata Banerjee
- RBI Approves Sandeep Bakhshi's Appointment As ICICI Bank MD, CEO