Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
Good morning. Today’s headlines have been dominated by PM Modi’s comment on the recent surgical strikes. Over in Bengal, a 21-year-old college student found her Facebook profile on an advertising hoarding after she had posted a one-liner on social media criticizing the CM Mamata Banerjee.
And while we’re on touchy topics, the SC reopened a two-decade old case on Tuesday. A seven member bench of the apex court will decide if politicians can use religion as a poll plank to seek votes.
Meanwhile, JNU has sought the help of the CBI to look into the case of missing student Najeeb Ahmed who disappeared after allegedly having an altercation on campus on Saturday. A political slugfest is said to have broken out on campus with the student’s parents also joining in the continuing protest on campus.
The Delhi Police has also managed to nab serial groom Manish Gupta, the man who duped close to 50 women on matrimonial websites. Posing as a divorcee, Gupta used to even finalize wedding dates before showing a clean pair of heels.
With the SC asking Karnataka to release 2000 cusecs of water to TN daily giving temporary respite to the Cauvery dispute, the Justice Brijesh Kumar Tribunal will today deliver a verdict on the allocations of the water of the Krishna river.
And in a continuing trend, NASA says that last September was the hottest in 136 years and that eleven of the past twelve months dating back to last October have set record temperatures.
In other news, a 47-year-old American man burnt a hole in his food-pipe while trying to eat the world’s hottest chilli, the bhut jolokia. Also, the 92-year-old Nigerian cleric who has married 97 times has just come out and said that he is alive, well and plans on marrying again. 99 problems encore?
- Amid Political Ruckus, Karnataka Congress Calls Legislature Party Meet On Jan 18
- PM-Led Committee Likely To Meet On Jan 24 To Appoint New CBI Chief
- 'We Are With You And Your Family': Rahul Gandhi Wishes Arun Jaitley Speedy Recovery
- After Brexit Deal Rejection, UK PM Theresa May To Face No-Confidence Motion Today
- C/O Arthouse: How A Family Helps Their Village In Odisha Make A Living Through Art
- What Will Be The Effect Of Alliances Against BJP Across India
- Two Mega Film Releases Trigger A Wave Of Crazy Fan Behaviour In Tamil Nadu
- Politics And Public Memory In Kashmir
- Sabarimala Issue May Help BJP Grow In Kerala But Social Reform Is Inevitable
- From Bollywood To South India, What Made Kader Khan A Darling Of Film-Makers
- Lessons In Nationalism And Modernity: What India Can Learn From Japan And Korea
- Justices Dinesh Maheshwari, Sanjiv Khanna Elevated To Supreme Court
- Jadavpur Professor Who Likened Virgin Women To Sealed Bottles Barred From Teaching
- Union Cabinet Approves Rs 3,600 Crore For Setting Up 13 Central Universities
- Watch: Cake Loot, Bar Dancers At Events To Celebrate Mayawati's Birthday In UP
- #10-Year-Challenge: 'So Relatable' Memes On The Throwback Challenge
- Close To Month Since ‘Missing', Families Of 7 Fishermen Pin Hope For Their Survival
- JNU Sedition Case: Separatists Say Charge Sheet Against 7 Kashmiris Is 'Vindictive'
- Nothing On Alliance With AAP Yet: Sheila Dikshit Cites Rajiv Gandhi