Daily Curator: Home Ministry Slams Jung's Delhi Police On Essar Tapes
This date has been kind of a busy one in history. It’s the day the Mayflower set sail in 1620 and the day apartheid began in South Africa in 1962. The first shots in the Indo-Pak war of 1965 were also fired today.
Enough of the past though. The LG and the AAP’s first round of the tug-of-war championship of Delhi ended yesterday with Mr. Jung declared victor. Meanwhile the Centre has given its assent for the construction of a new Parliament building across Rajpath.
Close to Rajpath, the Home Ministry is apparently miffed with the Delhi Police for going slow in the Essar tapes matter and has asked for a status report on the investigations.
The Olympics also begin from today and the wife of India’s richest person is among the eight new members of the IOC and becomes the first woman from the country to hold the position.
Meanwhile, Uttarakhand is dealing with a monkey problem and it’s not happy about primates popping about everywhere. They plan on giving contraceptives to female monkeys which makes them infertile for three years. Also, Samachar plus, the channel that conducted a sting on state CM Harish Rawat, claims to have had two petrol thrown into its Dehradun office.
There is also the case of the Emirates flight crash-landing in Dubai. With it comes this report of passengers from Kerala going bonkers about their laptops in the melee.
And scientists have finally proved the hypothesis that the Indian landmass was part of Antarctica close to 1.5 billion years ago.
- The Websters: How Web Series Are Changing Dictionary of Stardom
- From Wuhan Spirit To Chennai Connect, Sino-Indian Ties Gather Momentum After Modi-Xi Meet
- Pakistan Gets 4 Months To Act Against Terror Funding, Escapes FATF 'Black List'
- Chidambaram 'Influenced, Intimitaded' Key Witness In INX Media Case: CBI To SC
- PMC Bank Scam: HDIL Promoters Wadhawans Get ED Custody Till Oct 22
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- Controversial Ex-Hindu Mahasabha Leader Kamlesh Tiwari Shot Dead
- Fourth PMC Tragedy: 83-Year-Old Heart Patient Depositor Dies
- 2 NASA Astronauts Create 'HerStory' By Becoming Part Of 1st All-Female Spacewalk
- Over 300 Indians Deported From Mexico, Land In Delhi Today
- Sarfaraz Ahmed Removed As Pakistan Captain Across All Three Formats
- PM Modi Has Destroyed India's Economy: Rahul In Haryana
- Muslim Parties Refute Reports Of Sunni Waqf Board Withdrawing Ayodhya Case
- Stolen, Not Lost: Aggrieved Depositors Endorse Harsha Bhogle's Call