Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
Good morning. We’ll start with good news today that says that the Union Cabinet has amended the Maternity Benefit Act of 1961. Expectant mothers will now have paid leave for six and a half months instead of the earlier three.
And while we’re on ‘women empowerment’, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal was quite a proponent of those two words, second only perhaps to Rahul Gandhi. An RTI now reveals that Kejriwal has not called for a single meeting to discuss law and order or the security of women in the capital. Also, remember when he had given the AOL and Sri Sri free rein over the Yamuna? The NGT has said that the event damaged the Yamuna floodplains and has asked AOL for a response to an inspection committee’s report within three weeks.
Meanwhile, cow vigilantism is currently at a crossroads (we’d like to believe). After the PM called a majority of gau rakshaks fake, the Haryana government is now planning on issuing IDs to the cowboys.
Global warming? No, that is a load of you-know-what says the administration of Shahjahanpur, Lucknow which hits the mid-40 C mark regularly. Officials have instead bought a snow-plough which costs about Rs 20 lakh for the impending ice-age.
Speaking of avoiding future disasters, the Centre has issued a notice to states to mark ‘Selfie Danger Zone’ at tourist spots and accident-prone areas. Signs saying ‘Pokemon Don’t Go’ will also probably come up in the near future.
For those interested in the happenings of the Mohammad Nayeem case, the Deccan Chronicle has a full page of coverage today.
Remember the Emirates flight crash-landing last week? Mohammed Basheer, one of the passengers on the plane has won a lottery for $1 million and is a bit miffed with all the attention.
Finally, there is the report on the alleged fraud by Ranbaxy after a Singapore tribunal revealed that the company had deliberately buried information and kept Japanese company Daiichi Sankyo in the dark before its takeover.
- Patidar Members Attack Congress Office In Surat
- Haryana Ministers Furious After Shashi Tharoor's "Chhillar" Joke On New Miss World
- Supreme Court's Observation That People Need Not Stand Up In Cinema Halls During National Anthem 'Absolutely Wrong': Goa CM
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Policemen Suspended For Organising DJ Party
- Education Tour For Rajasthan Students: A Fair Where They Learn About 'Love Jihad', 'Christian Conspiracies'
- More Than 200 Central & State Govt Websites Illegally Displayed Details Of Aadhaar Beneficiaries, Reveals UIDAI
- 'GST Is An Idea Which Had The Blessings of The Congress Party', Says Manmohan Singh
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED