Daily Curator : Delhi HC's One More Reason For Divorce, Khap Panchayats Of Bengal
Good morning. It was on this day, 1,962 years ago that Nero became Emperor of Rome and we all know how that turned out for everyone. Speaking of consequences, Dalit writers Pradnya Pawar and Raosaheb Kasbe have alleged that a group of ‘hooligans’ forced their ouster from a Marathi literary event at Satara. The duo had earlier voiced their opinions on caste discrimination and censorship of literature.
We’ve heard of khap panchayats up north and now meet their mean brother from the east. A ‘salisha sabha’ of about 50 men in West Bengal’s Murshidabad district forced a farmer to shave his wife’s head after the latter was accused of an illicit relationship. The family had failed to pay a fine of Rs 6000.
Meanwhile, in other ways to get a divorce, the Delhi HC has held that denial of sex by a wife to her husband can lead to kaboom. Over in Mumbai, the 1000-page chargesheet filed in the Hiranandani kidney racket has an instance where doctors convinced a kidney donor that the organ would grow back after 18 months.
Over in Bengaluru, para-cyclist Aditya Mehta, who earned two silver medals at the Asian Para-Cycling Championship 2013 was forced to take off his prosthetic and strip so that the officials at the airport could search him. Mehta later said that CISF personnel were staring and laughing at him.
And from JNU comes another flash-point. Students at the University got rather creative with effigy-burning on Dussehra and burnt one with PM Modi, BJP President Amit Shah and others as faces of Ravana. Proctorial notices had been issued to four students of the NSUI and a university probe is now on.
Finally, from high-flying Punjab, a compilation of the data for aspirants to the Punjab Police has revealed that 1,775 out of 6,558 had used marijuana. Amphetamines were detected in 1,672 candidates and morphine in 1,238 cases. Peace out.
- #MeToo | Where’s The Line To Be Drawn When Everyone Has A Different Line?
- One Shot, One Location, One Actor: Bimba Redefines Fast Track Film-Making
- Poll Strategist Prashant Kishor Appointed JD(U)’s Vice President
- Former BSP MP's Son Brandishes Gun Outside 5-Star Hotel In Delhi, Video Goes Viral
- Two Goa Congress MLAs Resign, Likely To Join BJP
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- BJP Is Unlikely To Flaunt Its Economic Record In 2019 Election Campaign
- Stinking Toilets In Trains: Blame It On Passengers
- 'Dawshobhuja A Durgachitra' On This Durga Puja
- He Was Obnoxious, Extremely Sexist: Dia Mirza Speaks Up Against Sajid Khan
- Bryan Adams Shares Photo Of Delhi Smog, Says ‘You Can See My Shadow’
- 'Ready To Fight': Priya Ramani Responds To M J Akbar's Defamation Suit Against Her
- 'AAP Is Kangaal': Kejriwal Launches Fund Collection Drive Ahead Of 2019 Polls
- Amid Fuel Price Hike, PM Modi Appeals For Partnership With Oil Producers
- Self-Styled Godman Rampal Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Murder Cases
- Cong Lashes Out At PM Modi For Resorting To Poll Gimmicks Over Fuel Prices
- Chetan Bhagat Hits Back At Ira Trivedi, Says Don't Harm #MeToo Movement With Your False Charges