Daily Curator: Chambal Daakus Target Urban Jungle Delhi
Good morning. The stereotypical image of the Chambal daaku has long been etched in our memory, courtesy Bollywood. Now though, it seems that gangs from the region are moving with the times and are targeting the capital with a new modus operandi: outsourcing kidnappings.
Moving on to the east, 22-year-old Minhaj Ansari from Dighari village in Jharkhand died in custody after he was arrested for allegedly posting an objectionable Whatsapp message around beef. While the family claims he was tortured by the police, the latter have cited Ansari’s medical records saying he had encephalitis.
And from the far west, over 200 Dalits converted to Buddhism in Gujarat with most claiming that the Una incident was the final straw.
Down south, in the absence of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa due to a critical illness, her portfolios have been handed over to serial care-taker and finance minister O. Panneerselvam. The battle of the Sasikalas has also surfaced, with the former AIADMK Rajya Sabha MP Sasikala Pushpa writing to the governor due to fears that the CM’s signature may be forged at a time when Sasikala Natarajan is rumoured to be calling the shots.
A study of hunger levels worldwide puts India down in 97 out of 118 countries with one out of every three children staring at impeded growth and 15% of the entire population undernourished due to the paucity of food.
Also, the Supreme Court held yesterday that a sex worker cannot file a rape complaint if she is denied money for her services.
Finally, France seems to have the solution to mankind’s problems. The country has opened the first ‘shooting gallery’, a place where addicts can indulge themselves.
- PM Modi Welcomes Chinese President Xi Jinping In Mamallapuram
- Postpaid Mobile Service Likely To Resume In Kashmir From Saturday
- A 'Clerical Error' Leading To Musical Chairs In Congress' Tripura & Other North-East Units
- Soul Of Cricket Reforms Has Become Impure: RM Lodha
- India v South Africa, Pune Test: Kohli, Bowlers Leave SA In Tatters
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- Nobel Peace Prize 2019 Awarded To Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed Ali
- Govt's Advt In J&K Newspapers Asks People To Resume Normal Life
- Kohli 1st Indian To Score 7 Double Tons
- Chinese Flags Burnt In Guwahati As Xi Jinping Arrives In India
- Use Of Religion As Commodity, A La Baba Ramdev, Is Gross Misuse
- 'Shame On Us': Aparna Sen Tweets To 'Madam CM' Over Bengal Murders
- Portrait Of A Cyanide Killer: How Kerala's Jolly Killed 6 Of A Family Meal By Meal
- Indian Premier League: Anil Kumble Named Head Coach Of Kings XI Punjab