Daily Curator: Chambal Daakus Target Urban Jungle Delhi
Good morning. The stereotypical image of the Chambal daaku has long been etched in our memory, courtesy Bollywood. Now though, it seems that gangs from the region are moving with the times and are targeting the capital with a new modus operandi: outsourcing kidnappings.
Moving on to the east, 22-year-old Minhaj Ansari from Dighari village in Jharkhand died in custody after he was arrested for allegedly posting an objectionable Whatsapp message around beef. While the family claims he was tortured by the police, the latter have cited Ansari’s medical records saying he had encephalitis.
And from the far west, over 200 Dalits converted to Buddhism in Gujarat with most claiming that the Una incident was the final straw.
Down south, in the absence of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa due to a critical illness, her portfolios have been handed over to serial care-taker and finance minister O. Panneerselvam. The battle of the Sasikalas has also surfaced, with the former AIADMK Rajya Sabha MP Sasikala Pushpa writing to the governor due to fears that the CM’s signature may be forged at a time when Sasikala Natarajan is rumoured to be calling the shots.
A study of hunger levels worldwide puts India down in 97 out of 118 countries with one out of every three children staring at impeded growth and 15% of the entire population undernourished due to the paucity of food.
Also, the Supreme Court held yesterday that a sex worker cannot file a rape complaint if she is denied money for her services.
Finally, France seems to have the solution to mankind’s problems. The country has opened the first ‘shooting gallery’, a place where addicts can indulge themselves.
- Supreme Court To Deliver Verdict On Validity Of Aadhaar Tomorrow
- Parliament Must Ensure Politicians With Criminal Charges Don't Contest Elections: SC
- Vijay Mallya Could Escape Deportation Till September 2019
- BLOG | What Nightlife, Cricket And Cinemas Have To Do With Kashmir Solution
- Asia Cup: India, Afghanistan Play Out Thrilling Tie In Their Last Super Four Match
- What Nightlife, Cricket And Cinemas Have To Do With Kashmir Solution
- The Fitness Of An Actress Is No Virtue To Be Extolled By Misogynistic Bollywood
- Why Railways' Largest Recruitment Drive May Fail To Address Passenger Safety Concerns
- Article 35A: An Unprecedented Situation In Kashmir
- Four Months Of Kumaraswami Govt: Karnataka Power Games Carry On
- Prashant Kishor No Exception, Nitish Has Always Relied On 'Apolitical' Advisors
- More You Throw Mud At BJP, The More Lotus Will Bloom: PM Modi
- Armed Forces Must Remain Uncontaminated From Sectarian Appeal: Manmohan Singh
- Virat Kohli, Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Conferred With Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards
- Demonetisation, Insolvency Law, GST, Will Help Sustain Growth 8%: Arun Jaitley
- Being MP Doesn’t Give You Liberty To Take Law in Your Hands: SC to Manoj Tiwari
- 35 IIT Students Stranded During Trek In Lahaaul-Spiti Are Safe, Says Himachal CM
- Tamil Nadu BJP Chief Nominates PM Modi For Nobel Peace Prize For Launching Ayushman Bharat
- 22 Killed, Schools Shut As Incessant Rains Pound Himachal, J&K And Punjab