Daily Curator: And Now, Udta Haryana
It was on this day, 69 years ago, that the Indian Independence Bill was presented to the British House of Commons, thereby creating two separate nations of India and Pakistan.
- Formerly East Pakistan, Bangladesh has had a tumultuous weekend. The Deccan Chronicle reports that close to five of the ISIS recruits who murdered 20 were from pretty well-to-do families. One even had a picture with Bollywood actress Shraddha Kapoor occupying pride of place on his Facebook.
- One of the worst bombings in Baghdad took place yesterday. The attack was carried out with the intent of maximum casualties who were on the streets after breaking the fast during Ramadan. Close to 121 people have died and 212 are said to be injured. This report has more.
- Meanwhile, the political season in Punjab has kicked off. The AAP has released a 51-point youth manifesto ahead of the polls and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal was all-teeth at the Golden Temple over the weekend (where he was heckled). PM Modi also shared a stage with the Badals while they all sang paeans to Banda Bahadur. The PM also released a book on the Sikh warrior.
- Also, the PM will be leaving for a four-nation Africa-tour from July the 7th. So let’s just get this cabinet reshuffle thing out of our way before the big trip, shall we?
- Also, the TOI claims today that it’s not just Punjab and the PM who like flying. Udta Haryana is said to be the new kid on the block who isn’t just injecting for pleasure but is also using it to ace track-and-field events. Not fair.
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Karnataka Crisis Live Updates: Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar Says Trust Vote By 6PM Today
- Mumbai MTNL Building Fire: All 84 People, Stranded On Terrace, Rescued
- Lok Sabha Passes RTI Amendment Bill; 'Dark Day For Democracy,' Says Opposition
- Chandrayaan-2, India's Historic Moon Mission, Launched; ISRO Says 'Perfect Lift-off'
- World Cup Of Test Cricket: Format And Schedule
- If Chandrayaan-2 Is Successful, India Will Grab Headlines Globally -- For A Positive Reason
- In Choosing New President, Congress Has Opportunity To Change Two Crucial Things About Party Politics
- Kashmir Press Club Polls: For Dignity Of 'Unbuttoned Shirts' And Space to Exchange Ideas
- Kangana Ranaut Needs To Learn From Big B, Salman Khan On Spat With Media
- India Lacks Innovation. If You Don't Believe It, Just Look At Who Dominates Our Smartphone Market
- Cricket Intolerance Is The New Alarming Phenomenon In India
- If You Respect Constitution, Resign And Go Home: BJP Tells Kumaraswamy
- Russian Air Strikes On Syria Market Kill 27: Monitor
- From Stars To Moon: Meet Chandrayaan-2 Mission Director Ritu Srivastava
- 'India At Heart, India In Spirit,' Says PM Narendra Modi On Chandrayaan-2 Launch
- Centre’s Unresponsive Stance On Dec 16 Gangrape Shifted Focus On Delhi Govt: Sheila Dikshit In Autobiography
- WATCH | 'Didn't Become MP To Clean Drains, Toilets': BJP MP Pragya Singh's Shocker
- Karnataka Crisis: Speaker Summons Rebel MLAs Tomorrow
- JK: Soldier Killed As Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Along LoC