Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
Good morning. It was all that chest thumping about the surgical strikes and soon the one with the 56-inch-chest joined in too. Junior Home Minister Kiren Rijiju took it a bit too far with tweeting memories of a strike on Myanmar last year, but Aung San Suu Kyi has wagged her little finger, telling us to stop jumping about.
While we’re on the topic of good-relations-with-neighbours, it seems that terrorists are finding it difficult to go through the Valley now (due to all the chest-beating) and will take a detour through Nepal. But wait. The chests don’t stop. The TMC, probably a bit irritated with all that thumping took it a bit too far and its supporters took a tiny rock to Union Minister Babul Surpiyo’s erm…chest.
Over in UP, the Samajwadi Party seems like a divided house. CM Akhilesh Yadav has sent a public letter from his next-door room in the family home to his father. Down south however, the AIADMK is a very tightly-knit home. Finance minister O Pannerselvam chaired the first cabinet meeting in almost a month with a picture of matriarch Jayalalithaa watching over the naughty children. And speaking of houses, poverty-stricken Vijay Mallya’s Rs 85 crore Kingfisher villa did not attract even a single bid at an auction yesterday.
Pierce Brosnan, another player past his prime was seen on the front-page of many a daily one fine morning last week. It has not gone down too well with the Advertising Standards Council of India who want to know why Mr. Bond went rogue. Also slipping off the radar is Chhattisgarh Congress MLA RK Rai who has been suspended for concocting a simile involving Rahul Gandhi and a donkey.
Finally, if any of our Pakistani friends read this (by any chance), we wish them happiness for not having our news channels on from October 21. Someone’s been saved the chest-thumping.
- Ayushman Bharat: PM Modi To Launch 'World's Largest Healthcare Programme' Today
- After Hollande's Rafale Bomb, Can Rahul Turn It Into Bofors-Like Controversy?
- 'Small Men Who Don't Have Vision To See Larger Picture': Pak PM Imran Khan After Talks Called Off
- Obsessed With Selfies And Afraid Of Body-Shaming, Teenagers Are Turning To Cosmetic Surgery
- What? Where? Why? A Guide To Universities And Business Schools Abroad
- Why Railways' Largest Recruitment Drive May Fail To Address Passenger Safety Concerns
- Article 35A: An Unprecedented Situation In Kashmir
- Four Months Of Kumaraswami Govt: Karnataka Power Games Carry On
- Prashant Kishor No Exception, Nitish Has Always Relied On 'Apolitical' Advisors
- With A Formidable BJP, Is Mamata Worried About Hindu Votes?
- The VVIP Culture In Indian Railways
- Fuel Prices: Fresh Hike In Petrol, Diesel Rates
- Kerala Nun Rape: Bishop Franco Mulakkal Sent To 2-Day Police Custody
- Militants Adopted Similar Strategy To Abduct, Kill Three Policemen In Kashmir
- Delhi: 60-Year-Old Woman, Differently-Abled Daughter Found Dead Inside Home
- Asia Cup 2018: India-Pakistan Rematch In Super Four Serves As Precursor To Final
- DLF Sewer Deaths: Police Make Two More Arrests
- Not Involved In Choice Of Indian Partners For Rafale Deal, Says French Govt
- Trump Administration Says Will Revoke Work Permits To H4 Visa Holders Within 3 Months