Daily Curator: All Hail 'Surgical Strikes'
Good morning. ‘Surgical strikes’ are two words most English speaking Indians are now extremely familiar with. So here goes. This report corroborates the ‘surgical strike’ that the government has been going on and on about using eyewitness accounts. This one delves into the politics that has been going on surrounding ‘surgical strikes’ with all and sundry asking for proof and the BJP praising the army’s valour. Oh, and in the middle of this entire muddle, the Congress, not to be outdone, has released intel on three ‘surgical strikes’ carried out when their government was in power. All hail ‘surgical strikes’.
While we’re kind of on the topic, our moody American friends have archived the petition seeking to declare Pakistan a sponsor of terrorism. And the white boys in California have also approved a law which seeks to protect the Sikh community among other minorities. This after a Sikh man having dinner with his family on California Avenue was racially abused.
And after farmers in the north were unable to sell their paddy due to high water content, the Haryana state government increased the permissible moisture content from 17 percent to 22 percent.
In sport-related coverage, Bengaluru’s Ishan Pandita has become the first Indian to sign a professional contract with a top-tier Spanish football side with the 18-year-old joining newly promoted La Liga side CD Leganes. And another 18-year-old, Bilaspur’s Shradha Vaishnav has not let her speech impairment come in the way of making her way into the Chhattisgarh women’s cricket team.
Finally, for you geeks, Google’s new smartphone Pixel is coming your way soon and the Indian enthusiast will need to shell out Rs 57,000 for the pleasure.
- Exit Poll Results: BJP To Win Big In Maharashtra, Haryana; Congress' Dry Spell To Continue
- 'Stop Attempts To Destabilise India Or...: Rajnath Warns Pakistan
- India To Sign Kartarpur Corridor Pact On Oct 23, Asks Pak To Reconsider $20 Fee
- In Kashmir, Freedom From Detention Comes At The Cost Of Silence On Article 370
- India v South Africa, Ranchi Test: IND Close In On Series Sweep
- When Asked To Bend, We Turned To Kafka, George Orwell
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- Maharashtra, Haryana Record Over 60% Turnout As Polling Concludes
- Artillery Strike On Pak Consistent With India's Policy Of Rapid Retribution
- 'We Will Enter Pakistan If It Continues To...': J&K Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Kerala Bypolls: Heavy Rains Play Spoilsport As Voter Turnout Falls To 58%
- If Comedy Offends Somebody, Do More Comedy: Vir Das
- India Slams Pakistan For Stopping Postal Mail Service
- ISL: Bengaluru FC 0-0 NorthEast United | Gyan Fails To Make The Difference
- WATCH: Bavuma 'Dances' To The Tune Of Debutant Nadeem In Ranchi