Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
Good morning. A special mention goes out to the Samajwadi Party today for giving everyone a soap opera on Monday afternoon instead of waiting until primetime on Colors, or Times Now.
The other major story was how Cyrus Mistry was booted out of the Tata group. It seems now that the Bombay high court will sort this out after Mistry has knocked at their door.
Moving on, the Prime Minister has said that people celebrated ‘chota diwali’ when the much-talked-about surgical strikes. And Maharashtra CM Devendra is quite keen on the festival too. He told the press that he had ‘brokered’ the truce between the MNS and ADHM’s producers keeping Diwali in mind. Oh oh, he’s also gone around town saying that if there can be talks with the Hurriyat and the Naxals, why not the MNS?
As we speak of the Maoists, 24 of the faction reportedly died in an encounter with the ‘Greyhounds’on Monday. Now, activists say that there wasn’t an exchange of fire but that the police shot at them while they were in a meeting. Over in Bastar, sections of the police held protests and burnt the effigies of activists and politicians.
Over in Jharkhand, the state government has issued a showcause notice to an IAS officer after she questioned the alleged mention of religious conversions by CM Raghubar Das at a government function, on Facebook.
And in Punjab Deputy chief minister Sukhbir Badal called Arvind Kejriwal the “biggest stupid” for “promising to cut VAT” when it is going to be replaced by GST.
And now over to the Arctic, where Russian researchers have found remnants of a secret Nazi ice-base which was ordered by the Fuhrer himself, 100 km away from the North Pole.
Finally, let alone acknowledge it, Bob Dylan may not even see the $1 million prize money from the Swedish academy. He has to deliver a lecture on literature or give a concert, in his case. A member of the Swedish Academy has called his silence ‘rude and arrogant’. Did you not know what you were getting into?
- PM Modi, Xi Jinping Take Stroll, Attend Cultural Performances In Mamallapuram
- Postpaid Mobile Service Likely To Resume In Kashmir From Saturday
- A 'Clerical Error' Leading To Musical Chairs In Congress' Tripura & Other North-East Units
- Soul Of Cricket Reforms Has Become Impure: RM Lodha
- India v South Africa, Pune Test: Kohli, Bowlers Leave SA In Tatters
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- Nobel Peace Prize 2019 Awarded To Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed Ali
- Govt's Advt In J&K Newspapers Asks People To Resume Normal Life
- Kohli 1st Indian To Score 7 Double Tons
- Chinese Flags Burnt In Guwahati As Xi Jinping Arrives In India
- Use Of Religion As Commodity, A La Baba Ramdev, Is Gross Misuse
- 'Shame On Us': Aparna Sen Tweets To 'Madam CM' Over Bengal Murders
- Portrait Of A Cyanide Killer: How Kerala's Jolly Killed 6 Of A Family Meal By Meal
- Indian Premier League: Anil Kumble Named Head Coach Of Kings XI Punjab