Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
Good morning. A special mention goes out to the Samajwadi Party today for giving everyone a soap opera on Monday afternoon instead of waiting until primetime on Colors, or Times Now.
The other major story was how Cyrus Mistry was booted out of the Tata group. It seems now that the Bombay high court will sort this out after Mistry has knocked at their door.
Moving on, the Prime Minister has said that people celebrated ‘chota diwali’ when the much-talked-about surgical strikes. And Maharashtra CM Devendra is quite keen on the festival too. He told the press that he had ‘brokered’ the truce between the MNS and ADHM’s producers keeping Diwali in mind. Oh oh, he’s also gone around town saying that if there can be talks with the Hurriyat and the Naxals, why not the MNS?
As we speak of the Maoists, 24 of the faction reportedly died in an encounter with the ‘Greyhounds’on Monday. Now, activists say that there wasn’t an exchange of fire but that the police shot at them while they were in a meeting. Over in Bastar, sections of the police held protests and burnt the effigies of activists and politicians.
Over in Jharkhand, the state government has issued a showcause notice to an IAS officer after she questioned the alleged mention of religious conversions by CM Raghubar Das at a government function, on Facebook.
And in Punjab Deputy chief minister Sukhbir Badal called Arvind Kejriwal the “biggest stupid” for “promising to cut VAT” when it is going to be replaced by GST.
And now over to the Arctic, where Russian researchers have found remnants of a secret Nazi ice-base which was ordered by the Fuhrer himself, 100 km away from the North Pole.
Finally, let alone acknowledge it, Bob Dylan may not even see the $1 million prize money from the Swedish academy. He has to deliver a lecture on literature or give a concert, in his case. A member of the Swedish Academy has called his silence ‘rude and arrogant’. Did you not know what you were getting into?
- In Odisha, Brand Naveen Trumps Brand Modi
- Right or Wrong, It’s Only Narendra Modi Who Matters
- NDA’s TsuNamo Leaves Mahagathbandhan In Ruins In Uttar Pradesh, Bihar
- Lok Sabha Election Results: BJP-Sena Juggernaut Runs Over Congress-NCP In Maharashtra
- Jagan Mohan Reddy Set To Be New Andhra CM As YSRCP Set For Landslide Win
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- In The Middle Of Saffron Storm, Punjab Stands Firm With Congress
- In Uttar Pradesh, Mahagathbandhan No Match To Narendra Modi's BJP
- TDP’s Total Rout In Andhra; Setback To TRS In Telangana
- World Leaders Congratulate Prime Minister Narendra Modi On Winning Second Term
- DMK Pulls Off Stunning Lok Sabha Sweep, But Not In TN Assembly By-Polls
- ‘Nothing Seems To Have Worked’: Rout For Congress As Saffron Wave Sweeps Country
- Farooq Abdullah’s NC Sweeps Kashmir Valley, BJP Wins Jammu, Ladakh
- WATCH: Russell Sends Khawaja To Hospital With Nasty Blow To Head