Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
Diagnosing that India will take note only if there’s a celebrity getting harmed, a Pakistani Facebook page has put out photographs of several famous Indian personalities including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, actors Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan, India Test captain Virat Kohli among others, overlaid with pellet gun injuries.
The CRPF has been using “non-lethal” pellet guns on crowds ever since protests broke out following the July 8 killing of Hizbul commander Burhan Wani leaving many protesters and ordinary Kashmiris blind and with acute injuries, some of them as young as 4.
The FB page, Never Forget Pakistan, is running a campaign ‘What If You Knew the Victims?’ premised on the fact that most Indians don’t connect with the suffering of ordinary Kashmiris who have been blinded and injured by the use of “non-lethal” pellet guns by security personnel. This looks like an attempt for the rest of India to see the plight of Kashmiris and their political wishes.
“Why do we need to glamorise a tragedy in order for people to pay attention. Have we all become that numb,” the page asks, and to make the point more forcefully uses the hashtag #IndiaCantSee.
- Lok Sabha Election Results: Why Karnataka, Bengal, Odisha May Spring A Surprise
- NDA Will Fall, Rahul Gandhi Will Be Next Prime Minister, Says DMK Chief MK Stalin
- Confident About Fairness, Integrity Of Indian Elections, Says US
- Anxious Congress, UPA Allies Await LS Poll Results After Exit Poll Trauma
- Mamata Banerjee Prays For Motherland Ahead Of Lok Sabha Results
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- Lok Sabha Election Results: Regional Parties May Hold More Trumps Than BJP, Congress
- Opposition 'Tarnishing' India's Democracy By Questioning EVMs: Amit Shah
- 'Enfeebled Commission': Congress Slams EC, Says It Is Black Day For Democracy
- Govt Clears Names Of Four Judges For Elevation To Supreme Court: Report
- Rahul Gandhi vs Smriti Irani, Modi vs Ajay Rai, Rajnath vs Poonam Sinha: Key Contests In UP
- Delhi Minister, Activist Prashant Bhushan Booked For Tweets On EVM Hacking
- Indian Air Force Successfully Test Fires Aerial Version Of BrahMos Missile From Su-30 MKI Fighter Aircraft
- CWC 2019: There Will Be Disappointment If India Rely Too Heavily On Kohli, Warns Tendulkar