Car Worth Rs 4 Crores Gets Totalled In 4 Seconds
On July 3 afternoon, apparently, a visitor to Delhi's 5-star hotel Le Meridian gave the keys to his car for valet-parking.
The valet took the car at the entrance. He drove to the portico, stepped out and then sat inside again. And this time, instead of the brake, he stepped on the accelerator. The car went out of control.
The car in question happened to be a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, worth Rs four crores or so.
And the valet had perhaps not counted on the famed pick-up speed, which can reportedly go from 0 to 320 KMPH in 3.6 seconds flat.
And about as much is what it took for the car to take off like a rocket, scattering people, ramming into an already parked sedan and then ending at a concrete wall, barely 15-metres away from where it had taken off.
The valet, apparently, had pressed on the accelerator instead of the break.
The damage is reported to be beyond repair. The owners want the hotel to keep the car and pay the cost, or get it repaired, but in its official statement the hotel is only calling it a cosmetic damage:
“An inadvertent human error resulted in cosmetic damage to the car. We are fully cooperating with the owner of the car with respect to insurance claim. The registered owner of the car is Mr Abid Fateh Mohd Khatri. Due to this inadvertent error, our driver suffered minor injuries and was provided medical assistance.”
None of the others present, miraculously, received any injuries.
The CTV footage of the incident above shows the car pulling into the porch of the hotel, where there are several other vehicles parked, with people milling around. The valet steps out for a few seconds and then gets in again as the car lurches lurches forward accelerating as it hits a parked sedan, narrowly missing at least three of the people before crashing into the concrete wall.
- Environment vs Development: Sena Wants 50% Seats, But BJP Unlikely To Budge In Maharashtra
- Maharashtra, Haryana Polls: Sonia Wants Congress To Target State CMs, No Personal Attack On Modi
- 'Ab Ki Baar 75 Paar' -- Manoharlal Khattar's Big BJP Dream In Haryana
- How IIT, Development Dream Of Dispossessed, Turned Into A Nightmare
- Boxing Worlds: Panghal Settles For Silver; IND Achieve Best-Ever Haul
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- 'Don't Worry, Won't Harm Your Son', Babul Supriyo To Mother Of Student Who Pulled His Hair
- Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Starrer 'Gully Boy' Is India's Official Entry To Oscars
- Conflict Of Interest Impairs Tie-Ups Between Food Industry And Its Regulator
- In Horrifying Video, Former Madras HC Judge, Son Torture Daughter-In-Law
- Houston Gears Up To Welcome PM Modi For 'Howdy Modi'
- Voting For Maharashtra, Haryana Assembly Polls On October 21
- Wrestling Worlds 2019: Deepak Punia Becomes 1st Indian To Enter Final
- Tri-Series, 6th T20I: BAN Beat AFG By 4 Wickets