Baba Ramdev's Hairy Claims
We begin today remembering this day 56 years ago. The Shastri household went the ‘full monty’ in the happiness department as little Ravi was born. And while we’re on cricket (you knew that, didn’t you?) the erstwhile Stuart Binny who goes by the name Sanjay Bangar has been appointed the coach of the Indian team for the Zimbabwe tour.
- In serious news, the Supreme Court has rebuked the Centre over not having any course of action for the Rs-3000-crore Nirbhaya Fund. The apex court also had something to say about the current government paying only “lip-service” to the cause of women’s security.
- After a report by the CSE mentioned that Indian bread contained potassium iodate and bromate which are carcinogens banned in some countries, the All India Bread Manufacturers' Association have responded. The body says that it will not use such additives for baking in the future.
- There has also been a storm brewing in Indo-African relations. Diplomats from the continent had refused to take part in the ‘Africa Day’ celebrations yesterday after the killing of a Congolese international in the capital on Tuesday. They reportedly flipped after PM Modi and EAM Sushma Swaraj tweeted in support but latest reports mention that Indian shops have been vandalized in Congo.
- His fight to take on the might of the FMCGs of this world may have hit a slight roadblock. The advertising sector watchdog ASCI has growled in Baba Ramdev’s direction and said that Patanjali has “false and misleading” claims in its advertisements, including its hair-oil and washing powder brands.
- Mobile wallet Paytm seems to have stolen Flipkart’s change. After the e-commerce portals benched several IIM-A students and received a terse letter from its dean, Paytm expects to swoop in and take away those MBA grads from under the Bansals’ noses.
And finally, there is this piece about a pair of glasses that a teenager planted on a museum floor and people subsequently mistook them for modern art. Oh, and the American nuke department still uses 8 ½ inch floppy disks. You third world country, you!
- Who Will Form The Next Govt? Results Of High-Stakes Lok Sabha Elections On Thursday
- Lok Sabha Election Results: Why Karnataka, Bengal, Odisha May Spring A Surprise
- Lok Sabha Election Results: Regional Parties May Hold More Trumps Than BJP, Congress
- Anxious Congress, UPA Allies Await LS Poll Results After Exit Poll Trauma
- Home Ministry Alerts States About Possible Violence During Counting Of Votes
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- CWC 2019: There Will Be Disappointment If India Rely Too Heavily On Kohli, Warns Tendulkar
- Opposition 'Tarnishing' India's Democracy By Questioning EVMs: Amit Shah
- 'Enfeebled Commission': Congress Slams EC, Says It Is Black Day For Democracy
- Govt Clears Names Of Four Judges For Elevation To Supreme Court: Report
- Rahul Gandhi vs Smriti Irani, Modi vs Ajay Rai, Rajnath vs Poonam Sinha: Key Contests In UP
- Delhi Minister, Activist Prashant Bhushan Booked For Tweets On EVM Hacking
- Indian Air Force Successfully Test Fires Aerial Version Of BrahMos Missile From Su-30 MKI Fighter Aircraft
- Party Workers Keep 24-Hour Vigil Outside EVM Strongrooms Ahead Of Counting Day