Baba Ramdev's Hairy Claims
We begin today remembering this day 56 years ago. The Shastri household went the ‘full monty’ in the happiness department as little Ravi was born. And while we’re on cricket (you knew that, didn’t you?) the erstwhile Stuart Binny who goes by the name Sanjay Bangar has been appointed the coach of the Indian team for the Zimbabwe tour.
- In serious news, the Supreme Court has rebuked the Centre over not having any course of action for the Rs-3000-crore Nirbhaya Fund. The apex court also had something to say about the current government paying only “lip-service” to the cause of women’s security.
- After a report by the CSE mentioned that Indian bread contained potassium iodate and bromate which are carcinogens banned in some countries, the All India Bread Manufacturers' Association have responded. The body says that it will not use such additives for baking in the future.
- There has also been a storm brewing in Indo-African relations. Diplomats from the continent had refused to take part in the ‘Africa Day’ celebrations yesterday after the killing of a Congolese international in the capital on Tuesday. They reportedly flipped after PM Modi and EAM Sushma Swaraj tweeted in support but latest reports mention that Indian shops have been vandalized in Congo.
- His fight to take on the might of the FMCGs of this world may have hit a slight roadblock. The advertising sector watchdog ASCI has growled in Baba Ramdev’s direction and said that Patanjali has “false and misleading” claims in its advertisements, including its hair-oil and washing powder brands.
- Mobile wallet Paytm seems to have stolen Flipkart’s change. After the e-commerce portals benched several IIM-A students and received a terse letter from its dean, Paytm expects to swoop in and take away those MBA grads from under the Bansals’ noses.
And finally, there is this piece about a pair of glasses that a teenager planted on a museum floor and people subsequently mistook them for modern art. Oh, and the American nuke department still uses 8 ½ inch floppy disks. You third world country, you!
- PM Modi Welcomes Chinese President Xi Jinping In Mamallapuram
- Postpaid Mobile Service Likely To Resume In Kashmir From Saturday
- A 'Clerical Error' Leading To Musical Chairs In Congress' Tripura & Other North-East Units
- Soul Of Cricket Reforms Has Become Impure: RM Lodha
- India v South Africa, Pune Test: Kohli, Bowlers Leave SA In Tatters
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- Nobel Peace Prize 2019 Awarded To Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed Ali
- Govt's Advt In J&K Newspapers Asks People To Resume Normal Life
- Kohli 1st Indian To Score 7 Double Tons
- Chinese Flags Burnt In Guwahati As Xi Jinping Arrives In India
- Use Of Religion As Commodity, A La Baba Ramdev, Is Gross Misuse
- 'Shame On Us': Aparna Sen Tweets To 'Madam CM' Over Bengal Murders
- Portrait Of A Cyanide Killer: How Kerala's Jolly Killed 6 Of A Family Meal By Meal
- Indian Premier League: Anil Kumble Named Head Coach Of Kings XI Punjab