Audio Clip Reveals Agra Doctor's Chilling Disdain For TB Patient
The Agra district administration and the SN Medical college have ordered separate probes into an audio clip with a conversation between a junior doctor and his senior at the college. The audio-clip went viral on Monday and has the senior surgeon advising the junior to admit the patient, even if it meant killing him.
The eighteen-year-old boy reportedly died close to six hours after being admitted to the hospital. His father, Teekam, had filed a complaint at the MM Gate Police station on Sunday, alleging that the junior doctors at the hospital had refused to admit his son on Friday night. His father says that his son, who was suffering from TB, had a stomach-ache that night. He the doctors at the medicine were not willing to admit him.
“We noticed the phone number of the head of the surgery department listed on the wall and I called him up from Mukesh's (his son) phone. I made the head talk to his junior colleague who was standing with us,” the father is quoted as saying.
The audio clip itself has the senior doctor, Swetank Prakash, telling the junior: “Admit zaroor kar lo, surgery me ya medicine me,; admit karne ke liye kar lo, maar daalo chahein. Admit zaroor kar lo aur blood likh do dus, apne aap bhaag jaayega (Make sure you admit him, either in the medicine or surgery department. Do it just for the sake of it, kill him if you want. Admit him for sure though and prescribe 10 units of blood, he'll run off on his own).” The doctor also appears to be quite miffed with being bothered at that time of the night.
Dr. Swetank Prakash has alleged however that the clip is fake and that he had not said “all that”. He says that it was an attempt to malign him and that it was not a surgical case but that of TB. He added that he did ask the doctors to help the man despite that.
Here is the audio clip that is doing the rounds, courtesy : newsleakcenter
- All Accused In Telangana Rape-Murder Case; Some Laud Police, Others Ask Questions
- Unnao Rape Victim, Set Ablaze By Men Accused Of Raping Her, Dies In Delhi
- 'Law Has Done Its Duty': Telangana Police On Killing Rape-Murder Accused
- Open Letter | Is This The Justice You Wanted, Ms Bachchan?
- IND Vs WI, 1st T20I: Kohli Masterclass Seals Stunning Win For India
- How Naveen Patnaik Is Playing The Games To Make Odisha A Soft Power
- A Precursor To 'Resort Politics' That Began In 1984 As NTR Foiled Indira's Bid To Dethrone Him
- Given Opportunity, BSNL Can Emerge As Top Telecom Company From Turmoil
- One Hundred Days Of Solitude In Kashmir’s News World
- How T. N. Seshan's Poll Clean-up Operation Actually Helped Lalu Yadav In Bihar
- Domestic Violence Can Be Isolated, Repetitive Or Even Span Generations
- ‘Had British Behaved Like T'gana Police, They'd Have Shot Bhagat Singh’
- 'More Than Meets The Eye': Ex-Top Cop Raises Questions On T'gana Encounter
- Child Rape Convicts Should Not Have Right To File Mercy Petition: President
- Uttar Pradesh: Woman Shot In Face After She Stops Dancing At Wedding
- Lawyers, Activists Raise Questions Over Killing Of Telangana Rape Accused
- In Valley That Lives Under Shadow Of Gun, Getting Education Is Toughest Lesson
- Day After Being Set On Fire, Unnao Rape Survivor Extremely Critical
- Caroline Wozniacki To Retire After 2020 Australian Open