As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
As if Donald Trump wasn’t enough! The controversial Republican candidate’s wife Melania Trump has landed the Republican frontrunner’s camp in a bit of a soup. Melania on Monday night had delivered this speech at the Republican's National Convention. Reportedly, a large chunk of Melania’s speech - where she talked about the values that shaped her life—was heavily “inspired” by US First Lady Michelle Obama’s 2008 address but to the Democratic National Convention.
Usually, the Trump camp has to fend for itself after his slamdunk remarks on Islam or ISIS or refugees.
In her speech, Melania said:
“My parents impressed on me the values: that you work hard for what you want in life. That your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. They taught me to show the values and morals in my daily life. That is the lesson that I continue to pass along to our son.
And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. [Cheering] Because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”
Here's Michelle’s speech from 2008:
“And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t know them, and even if you don’t agree with them.
And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”
The similarities are so obvious that it makes for a clear case of plagiarism- the reason why Melania is being criticised from all fronts - shifting the attention from the other content of her speech.
CNN reported that the Trump campaign released a statement on the speech after the similarities were uncovered, but the statement was silent on plagiarism.
“In writing her beautiful speech, Melania’s team of writers took notes on her life’s inspirations, and in some instances included fragments that reflected her own thinking. Melania’s immigrant experience and love for America shone through in her speech, which made it such a success,” according to Jason Miller, the senior communications adviser.
Here’s the video, now make what you want of it:
So that's pretty blatant, right? pic.twitter.com/EPnHME7afV— Mike Hearn (@mikehearn) July 19, 2016
- Mumbai Terror Attack Mastermind Hafiz Saeed Arrested By Counter Terrorism Department In Pakistan
- Speaker Free To Decide On Resignation Of Karnataka Rebel MLAs, Says SC
- Pakistan Airspace Shutdown Cost Over Rs 6,500 Crore To Global Aviation Industry
- Assam Floods: 17 Dead, 45 Lakh Affected; Centre Takes Stock Of Situation
- MS Dhoni No More India's First-Choice Wicketkeeper
- In Choosing New President, Congress Has Opportunity To Change Two Crucial Things About Party Politics
- Kashmir Press Club Polls: For Dignity Of 'Unbuttoned Shirts' And Space to Exchange Ideas
- Kangana Ranaut Needs To Learn From Big B, Salman Khan On Spat With Media
- India Lacks Innovation. If You Don't Believe It, Just Look At Who Dominates Our Smartphone Market
- Cricket Intolerance Is The New Alarming Phenomenon In India
- Let Not 'Jai Shri Ram' Be Misused As 'Allahu Akbar'
- 14 Dead, Many Still Trapped As 100-Year-Old Building Collapses In Mumbai's Dongri
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case: International Court Of Justice To Deliver Its Verdict Today
- Mumbai-Delhi Vistara Flight, Emergency Lands In Lucknow With Low Fuel, Pilot Suspended
- CBI Raids Former Samajwadi Party MP Ateeq Ahmad In Abduction Case In Uttar Pradesh
- Barkha Dutt Moves NCW, Accuses Kapil Sibal's Wife Of Abusing Female Journalists At Tiranga TV
- All You Need To Know About Kulbhushan Jadhav, The Indian National On Death Row In Pakistan
- WATCH: Stopped For Riding Without Helmet, Woman Clashes With Traffic Police In Delhi
- Only 2100 Per Match! That's What Kapil Dev's Cricket World Champions Got In 1983