#AreYouSerious? #AreYouNuts? #HellYeah?
It was yet another Saturday evening in Delhi.
Among the many exciting things happening in the capital, apparently, was the opening of a new gym, where one Mr Robert Vadra happened to be present.
Soon the late night news television was all abuzz.
The boorishness was characteristic.
And so was what followed: TV anchors went ballistic. Politicians performed for camera. For some time it remained unclear if the clip was playing in loop or Mr Vadra was merely repeating himself over and over and over and over again.
Twitter, having recovered from the non-excitement of the morning, over a temporary block on some handles, suddenly had something to outrage about.
But it soon subsided, after some sober reflection on the journalist doing his duty, the arrogance of power and entitlement, a slow news day, the nature of television news, and whether or not it was a case of all froth and no beer, till finally the comedy-wallahs, the wits and the wags took over.
This is how it ended:
The big question, of course, remained, as to whether this 'Mother Of All Sweetheart Deals' will actually see some serious progress now that the BJP is in power at the centre, in Rajasthan and now even in Haryana and actually respond with a #HellYeah to the question Mr Vadra asked repeatedly, as its spokesperson, Mr Seshadri Chari promised?
Or would it be a case of, as Mr Swapan Dasgupta seemed to be suggesting way back then, and Mr Vadra may well have been channeling today, once he could get over his incredulity at being questioned : #AreYouNuts?
Some of the reactions on Twitter:
- In Odisha, Brand Naveen Trumps Brand Modi
- Right or Wrong, It’s Only Narendra Modi Who Matters
- NDA’s TsuNamo Leaves Mahagathbandhan In Ruins In Uttar Pradesh, Bihar
- Lok Sabha Election Results: BJP-Sena Juggernaut Runs Over Congress-NCP In Maharashtra
- Jagan Mohan Reddy Set To Be New Andhra CM As YSRCP Set For Landslide Win
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- In The Middle Of Saffron Storm, Punjab Stands Firm With Congress
- In Uttar Pradesh, Mahagathbandhan No Match To Narendra Modi's BJP
- India Wins Yet Again, Says PM Modi
- World Leaders Congratulate Prime Minister Narendra Modi On Winning Second Term
- DMK Pulls Off Stunning Lok Sabha Sweep, But Not In TN Assembly By-Polls
- ‘Nothing Seems To Have Worked’: Rout For Congress As Saffron Wave Sweeps Country
- Farooq Abdullah’s NC Sweeps Kashmir Valley, BJP Wins Jammu, Ladakh
- WATCH: Russell Sends Khawaja To Hospital With Nasty Blow To Head