And Now Anna Supporter Cartoonist's Site Is Banned
WSJ reports that Aseem Trivedi, a Kanpur-based cartoonist, who ran a website called www.cartoonsagainstcorruption.com, is the latest victim of UPA's attempts to muzzle freespeech, particularly any dissent and criticism that seems to support the ob-going anti-corruption movement.
The site was suspended after a complaint to the Mumbai Crime Branch by a Mumbai-based advocate, R.P. Pandey. The complaint stated that “defamatory and derogatory cartoons” were displayed as posters during Mr. Hazare’s hunger strike in Mumbai last week. Noting that the posters were created by Mr. Trivedi and “are believed to be made at the instance of Shri Anna Hazare,” the complaint requested “strict legal action in the matter.” Soon after, Mr. Trivedi’s web portal was banned by “Big Rock,” which hosted his portal. Big Rock didn’t respond to a request for comment.
Mr Trivedi has now put up those cartoons at Google's blogspot.com, knowing Google's anti-censorship stance. The government would clearly find it more difficult to persuade Google to take off these cartoons unlike “Big Rock,” which hosted his now suspended site.
- Ideological Compromise: Post Ayodhya Verdict, Congress' Dalliance With Shiv Sena Not Surprising
- Shiv Sena To Sit In Opposition In Parliament, Skip NDA Meet: Sanjay Raut
- Amid Tight Security, Doors Of Sabarimala Temple Open For 2-Month Long Pilgrimage
- Mayank, Bowlers Shine As India Beat Bangladesh To Register Sixth Straight Test Victory
- Ayodhya Verdict Bears Stamp Of Contemporary Indian Politics
- One Hundred Days Of Solitude In Kashmir’s News World
- How T. N. Seshan's Poll Clean-up Operation Actually Helped Lalu Yadav In Bihar
- Domestic Violence Can Be Isolated, Repetitive Or Even Span Generations
- Bollywood’s Double Whammy For Bald People Is Regressive, Not Cool
- When Asked To Bend, We Turned To Kafka, George Orwell
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- IND Vs BAN: Kohli Praises Pacers
- Government's Claims Of 'Sound Economy' Hinges On Bizarre Assertions
- Anil Ambani Resigns As Director of Debt-Ridden RCom
- Indian Navy Trainer Aircraft Crashes In Goa, Pilots Eject Safely
- Watch | Swords In Hand, Smriti Irani Performs 'Talwar Raas' in Gujarat
- Dalit Man Who Was Beaten, Forced To Drink Urine Dies In Punjab
- 'Will Form Maharashtra Government With 119 Tally', Says BJP
- Supporters Turn The Tables On Him, DDCA Boss Rajat Sharma Quits