#AIB: Censor Board Censures Karan Johar
A couple of days after the AIB Knockout roast went viral on the internet, a censor board member tweeted against the 'porn show on stage', and particularly Karan Johar, who was the roastmaster at the event.
Karan Johar could have easily shown his position while performing sex to his mom at home instead of making it public.#AIB Porn Show.— Ashoke Pandit (@ashokepandit) February 3, 2015
An unfazed Johar took to Twitter to reply to Pandit.
Not your cup of tea...don't drink it!!!— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) February 3, 2015
A lot of voices came out both in support of and against his statement and the show itself.
So nice to see twitter is filled with such angels who point out hypocrisy n never use foul language n have nvr laughed at dirty jokes (haw)— Sonakshi Sinha (@sonakshisinha) February 3, 2015
Ranveer said he is smooching @karanjohar 4yrs but still he didn't take him in his film. Now u can understnd what actor/actres has 2do 4film.— Kamaal R Khan-KRK (@kamaalrkhan) January 31, 2015
When you simultaneously piss off Salman Khan and religious nuts, you must be doing something right. #AIBRoast— Utsav Chakraborty (@SatanBhagat) February 2, 2015
#AIBRoast is what we all need; an ability to laugh at ourselves is a state of self-actualization. Bhakts, Sanghis, BJP acolytes can sulk!— Sanjay Jha (@JhaSanjay) February 3, 2015
Karan Johar's sex-parody of Tum Paas Aaye in AIB roast was one of the worst things I've had the bad judgement to see in ages.That's humour??— Mehr Tarar (@MehrTarar) January 31, 2015
February 3, 2015
@ashokepandit I feel that the AIB roast was a complete Gay propaganda tool to subvert young minds.— Inquisitiv_indian (@Inquisitive_Ind) February 3, 2015
"Don't teach me what is humour - I am the king of comedy" Exactly! Chaltey phirtey comedy http://t.co/sktcymVmHu— CilemaSnob is now (@NotSoSnob) February 3, 2015
i say "2 girls 1 cup" for Panditji :P RT @karanjohar Not your cup of tea...don't drink it!!!— CilemaSnob is now (@NotSoSnob) February 3, 2015
Pandit later defended his tweets against Johar, saying he was only reacting to the way in which the filmmaker and the other brilliant actors used such kind of language which should not be spoken at a public show.
"They can't use the language in public that is not decent in any form," he said, adding, "the entire show was abnormal".
"I have reacted because I am a Karan Johar fan, Ranveer Singh fan, Arjun Kapoor man....I have very right to do that. And if they feel about my tweet if they are hurt about my tweet, they can consider it as an extension of their roast," he said in Jaipur.
As of now, the event and the stars awaits probe by Maharashtra government on 'appropriate clearences'.
With inputs from PTI
- 'No Anti-National Activities On Campus': Yogi Govt Directs Private Universities Through Ordinance
- After Mamata, Stalin, KCR And Chandrababu Naidu Too Will Give PM Modi's All Party Meet A Miss
- Kolkata Model Ushoshi Sengupta Chased, Harassed By Bikers, 7 Arrested
- 91% People Favour Kejriwal's Proposal To Give Free Bus, Metro Rides To Women: AAP
- ENG Vs AFG: Eoin Morgan Shocked After Slamming Record 17 Sixes
- Salman Khan’s Fears Misplaced, No Reviewer Can Make Or Mar A Film Destined For Greatness
- With No Malls, No App-Based Economy, Kashmir Stuck At Where It Was 2 Decades Ago
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- In Girish Karnad's Death, My Lear Has Passed Away
- In Azim Premji, India Has Its Own Andrew Carnegie, The Man Who Donated 90% Of His Wealth
- Time Opposition Parties Revisited Their Founding Principles To Find How Far Or Close They Are To Them
- J&K: 7 Civilians Injured In Grenade Attack Near Police Station In Pulwama
- 'Tera Time Aayega': Delhi Cop Raps To Create Awareness About Traffic Rules -- VIDEO
- 17 Sixes vs Afghanistan! Eoin Morgan Smashes ODI World Record
- US Economy 'Envy Of World,' Says Donald Trump At First Rally For Reelection Campaign
- From Berhampore MP To Congress Lok Sabha Leader: The Rise of Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury
- On Rahul Gandhi's Birthday, PM Narendra Modi Wishes Him 'Good Health, Long Life'
- Karnataka Congress Suspends Legislator Roshan Baig For 'Anti-Party Activities'
- Delhi: Restaurant Employee Stabbed To Death By Colleague