#AIB: Censor Board Censures Karan Johar
A couple of days after the AIB Knockout roast went viral on the internet, a censor board member tweeted against the 'porn show on stage', and particularly Karan Johar, who was the roastmaster at the event.
Karan Johar could have easily shown his position while performing sex to his mom at home instead of making it public.#AIB Porn Show.— Ashoke Pandit (@ashokepandit) February 3, 2015
An unfazed Johar took to Twitter to reply to Pandit.
Not your cup of tea...don't drink it!!!— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) February 3, 2015
A lot of voices came out both in support of and against his statement and the show itself.
So nice to see twitter is filled with such angels who point out hypocrisy n never use foul language n have nvr laughed at dirty jokes (haw)— Sonakshi Sinha (@sonakshisinha) February 3, 2015
Ranveer said he is smooching @karanjohar 4yrs but still he didn't take him in his film. Now u can understnd what actor/actres has 2do 4film.— Kamaal R Khan-KRK (@kamaalrkhan) January 31, 2015
When you simultaneously piss off Salman Khan and religious nuts, you must be doing something right. #AIBRoast— Utsav Chakraborty (@SatanBhagat) February 2, 2015
#AIBRoast is what we all need; an ability to laugh at ourselves is a state of self-actualization. Bhakts, Sanghis, BJP acolytes can sulk!— Sanjay Jha (@JhaSanjay) February 3, 2015
Karan Johar's sex-parody of Tum Paas Aaye in AIB roast was one of the worst things I've had the bad judgement to see in ages.That's humour??— Mehr Tarar (@MehrTarar) January 31, 2015
February 3, 2015
@ashokepandit I feel that the AIB roast was a complete Gay propaganda tool to subvert young minds.— Inquisitiv_indian (@Inquisitive_Ind) February 3, 2015
"Don't teach me what is humour - I am the king of comedy" Exactly! Chaltey phirtey comedy http://t.co/sktcymVmHu— CilemaSnob is now (@NotSoSnob) February 3, 2015
i say "2 girls 1 cup" for Panditji :P RT @karanjohar Not your cup of tea...don't drink it!!!— CilemaSnob is now (@NotSoSnob) February 3, 2015
Pandit later defended his tweets against Johar, saying he was only reacting to the way in which the filmmaker and the other brilliant actors used such kind of language which should not be spoken at a public show.
"They can't use the language in public that is not decent in any form," he said, adding, "the entire show was abnormal".
"I have reacted because I am a Karan Johar fan, Ranveer Singh fan, Arjun Kapoor man....I have very right to do that. And if they feel about my tweet if they are hurt about my tweet, they can consider it as an extension of their roast," he said in Jaipur.
As of now, the event and the stars awaits probe by Maharashtra government on 'appropriate clearences'.
With inputs from PTI
- PM Modi, Xi Jinping Take Stroll, Attend Cultural Performances In Mamallapuram
- Incarcerated Omar Abdullah Meets His Sons After 68 Days
- China's Support Helps Imran Khan Strut Back To Pakistan
- Soul Of Cricket Reforms Has Become Impure: RM Lodha
- India v South Africa, Pune Test: Kohli, Bowlers Leave SA In Tatters
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- Nobel Peace Prize 2019 Awarded To Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed Ali
- Govt's Advt In J&K Newspapers Asks People To Resume Normal Life
- Kohli 1st Indian To Score 7 Double Tons
- A 'Clerical Error' Leading To Musical Chairs In Congress' North-East Units
- Use Of Religion As Commodity, A La Baba Ramdev, Is Gross Misuse
- Postpaid Mobile Service Likely To Resume In Kashmir From Saturday
- Portrait Of A Cyanide Killer: How Kerala's Jolly Killed 6 Of A Family Meal By Meal
- Indian Premier League: Anil Kumble Named Head Coach Of Kings XI Punjab